I hope some one can help me with this as electrics are not my strong point. When I bought my car as a basket case it came with a new two speed wiper motor and rotary three position switch - but no wiring diagram. The switch has 5 tenminals on the back and the motor has 6 wires;- Red, Orange, Brown, Blue, Green, and Yellow. There is also a short length of 'loom' with four cables;- Red, Orange, Brown, and Blue. All help will be greatly appriaciated in getting the car back on road after about 30 years.

Steve

I hope some one can help me with this as electrics are not my strong point. When I bought my car as a basket case it came with a new two speed wiper motor and rotary three position switch - but no wiring diagram. The switch has 5 tenminals on the back and the motor has 6 wires;- Red, Orange, Brown, Blue, Green, and Yellow. There is also a short length of 'loom' with four cables;- Red, Orange, Brown, and Blue. All help will be greatly appriaciated in getting the car back on road after about 30 years.

Steve

Steve: This may help.

2-speed wipers

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Steve

Steve

Steve

I came here looking for some assistance with a Lucas DR 3 two-speed wiper motor. Although this is fitted to a Jaguar I have as well as my TR6 I cannot find anything I want in the Jag sites so I reverted to this excellent forum.

Looking at the wiring diagram for the Jag, the motor has 6 wires connected to it and the actuating switch is rotary albeit it has a twist and pull and then another twist.

I will scan the wiring diagram tomorrow and post it, it may help in figuring out what you have to do.

John

If you PM me, I can send you the relelvant pages fromteh Lucas Technical Manual covering DR1 & DR2 wiper motors. It shoudl preovide all the info you need.

I can't add them here because the file is too big.

Rgds Ian