The Cola/Levi TR7s

I am seeking details on the Coca-Cola/Levi Strauss TR7s for a small article in TRaction.

Whilst it is fairly common knowledge that there were three Coca-Cola TR7s and the whereabouts and history of two: UOK359S and VOX793T have been well documented of late, what is the situation regarding the third? Rumour has it that it languishes on the dockside of a less than salubrious Irish sea port awaiting certain payments to be made, before it is released to who knows who. If anyone can add to this interesting story of Triumph in the late 70s then I should be very interested.

Also as you know we are seeking a new TR7 Registrar to fill this most important role in the club. Someone with a love of the marque, an interest in it’s detailed history and development, who can answer a few questions from the membership occasionally and regularly write a piece for the Registrars report in the magazine is all that is required. If TR7s are in your blood, then you could be the person for the job. Feel free to PM me on steveredway@aol.com if you are interested.

Kind regards to all

Steve Redway

TRaction Editor

Quite right Ian,

what Chris doesn't know about the blessed Coke cars probably isn't worth knowing.

But then he knows more about most things Wedge than most people do, and for sure a huge amount more than I know or am ever likely to know !! Couldn't be a better choice for a TR7/8 Registrar.

Cheers,

Alec

I also agree with both of you Ian and Alec, I have seen Chris's Coca Cola TR7, which is under going a total rebuild and look better than new.

I have heard the same in the passed about the missing one held at a port.

Edited by tr7jim
I am seeking details on the Coca-Cola/Levi Strauss TR7s for a small article in TRaction.

Whilst it is fairly common knowledge that there were three Coca-Cola TR7s and the whereabouts and history of two: UOK359S and VOX793T have been well documented of late, what is the situation regarding the third? Rumour has it that it languishes on the dockside of a less than salubrious Irish sea port awaiting certain payments to be made, before it is released to who knows who. If anyone can add to this interesting story of Triumph in the late 70s then I should be very interested.

Also as you know we are seeking a new TR7 Registrar to fill this most important role in the club. Someone with a love of the marque, an interest in it’s detailed history and development, who can answer a few questions from the membership occasionally and regularly write a piece for the Registrars report in the magazine is all that is required. If TR7s are in your blood, then you could be the person for the job. Feel free to PM me on steveredway@aol.com if you are interested.

Kind regards to all

Steve Redway

TRaction Editor

Hi Steve

There is a rumour going round that the Register purchased the Coca Cola TR7 that was recently sold on ebay,any truth in it ?

I certainly hope it is true as it would be nice to see it on show with TS2 the first and the last Tr models.

Might upset a few of the purists though ha ha :lol:;)

Regards

Moe