rear shock absorber link

I'm ordering a pair of rebuilts from http://www.nosimport.com/ and wondered if it might be a good idea to order new links as well. How does one assess wear in a link?

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

Given that you have to be under the car anyway to change the shocks it would make sense to change them any way, consider that the links are £15.00 each compared to the cost of the shocks £90-£100 each

The only time I was able to decide if they needed replaced was when you could see a gap between the shaft and th cup. I think the rubber goes soft and the link does not transmit the loads properly to the shockers.

I'm ordering a pair of rebuilts from http://www.nosimport.com/ and wondered if it might be a good idea to order new links as well. How does one assess wear in a link?

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

Although the links will cost about Obama$80, I was thinking the same. Since I'm under there anyway....

Thanks for your reply.

Bob

And next year, it will be twice as expensive!

Alec,

Just minutes ago I was visiting a watch collector's website (TZ-UK) and just this evening someone started a thread about buying and shipping goods from the US. And 5 minutes ago, someone asked about parcels2go! In fact for references. The appears to be an other shipment company like parcels2go: myus.com.

Don't know anything about them, though!

Menno