Esme rebuild update

It's been a while since i last posted anything about my rebuild, but i have now updated the website so please have a look.

Click here!

Click on any photo for an enlargement.

I hope to have her finished for the international, so fingers crossed.

You will also see some pictures of the new Stainless Steel bumpers I purchased a couple of months ago - similar to the cost of replacement units, and far superior.

Cheers

Bully

It's been a while since i last posted anything about my rebuild, but i have now updated the website so please have a look.

Click here!

Click on any photo for an enlargement.

I hope to have her finished for the international, so fingers crossed.

You will also see some pictures of the new Stainless Steel bumpers I purchased a couple of months ago - similar to the cost of replacement units, and far superior.

Cheers

Bully

How do the rear bumpers fit in relation to the curve of the back panel and do the overriders clear the bootlid when opening as those are the usual major issues with repro rear bumpers. Nice job with the rebuild by the way

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Hi Stuart,

the fit looks good compared to an original bumper. We're still finishing the boot lid, so not sure of opening gap etc, but don't expect it to be a problem.

The bumpers are obviously pressed out and if you run your finger along the edge, you can feel a slight undulation, although you can't actually see it. The holes are also pressed out before the bumper is shaped, so need a bit of fettling with a needle file to fit the bolts.

Bully

Yep, lovely job. You obviously like black!

Don't forget to trial fit and fettle the wings and doors before you

paint them (if you haven't already done so).

Same applies to the bonnet and boot, maybe to a lesser extent.

I like the bottle of lubrication in the photo of your engine!

AlanR

Would you believe that is actually Midnight Blue rather than black. Thought the outdoor photos would show the colour better, but obviously not !! You'll just have to see it in the flesh I suppose.

Every rebuild needs lots of lubrication :0)

Would you believe that is actually Midnight Blue rather than black. Thought the outdoor photos would show the colour better, but obviously not !! You'll just have to see it in the flesh I suppose.

Every rebuild needs lots of lubrication :0)

Is it Midnight Blue or Triumph Royal Blue? Mine is the latter, I got a parking ticket at the weekend - "Colour: Black".

andy