TR 5 fuel injection

Hi everybody i'am new to the forum and new to ownership of a 1968 TR5, living in Bristol can anybody recommend any good tr5 workshops / mechanic's within Bristol or surrounding area.My problem is the fuel injection running to rich. I've checked the bosh pump voltage and bonding and now have 12.5 volts and a seperate earth which as inproved the car 100% . It idle's not to bad and runs well on the road, i've checked the fuel return from the metering unit and the return line is not blocked,but after a 20 mile drive , i removed the plugs and all 6 are sooted up , any help will be greatly appreciated. Also looking for 2 back wings what's the best and where do i buy. I am a TR member cheers mickcar

Hi Mickcar

Welcome to the forum!

Whilst not exactly near to Bristol, Malcolm at 'Prestige Injection' in Wrexham is very well versed in the PI system and even a phone call may proved useful...

Good luck!

Brgds

Hi Mickcar,

Welcome.

Well Bristol isnt far from Revinton Tr

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/default.asp

In Middlezoy, down the road from Westonzoyland :lol: Really it is

My motors there at this moment, she could do with some good company. :rolleyes:

Worth a call

Good Luck

Guy

Also have you checked that with the choke off there is a clearance on th Mu.

How does she start with choke.

What plugs are you running?

It could be something simple

Edited by Jersey Royal
Hi everybody i'am new to the forum and new to ownership of a 1968 TR5, living in Bristol can anybody recommend any good tr5 workshops / mechanic's within Bristol or surrounding area.My problem is the fuel injection running to rich. I've checked the bosh pump voltage and bonding and now have 12.5 volts and a seperate earth which as inproved the car 100% . It idle's not to bad and runs well on the road, i've checked the fuel return from the metering unit and the return line is not blocked,but after a 20 mile drive , i removed the plugs and all 6 are sooted up , any help will be greatly appreciated. Also looking for 2 back wings what's the best and where do i buy. I am a TR member cheers mickcar

Make sure that the vacumn tube from the top of the MU tothe inlet manifolds is robuts and effective, I had a simiolar problem cured by replacing this rubber tube which from a visual inspection appeared fine. I has a significant effect ofn the MU based on the throttle opening /vacumn so for the sake of a tenner its worth a look. Mu's shouldnt need adjusting but if its tired and or not been in regular use then youll need an expert to diagnose and unless its a guru they will recommend replacing anyway at £150 + labour

Hi Mickcar,

Welcome.

Well Bristol isnt far from Revinton Tr

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/default.asp

In Middlezoy, down the road from Westonzoyland :lol: Really it is

My motors there at this moment, she could do with some good company. :rolleyes:

Worth a call

Good Luck

Guy

Also have you checked that with the choke off there is a clearance on th Mu.

How does she start with choke.

What plugs are you running?

It could be something simple