Hey All,

I just registered. My TR-3A will be coming home after 3 years lounging in a body shop and still not finished. That will be done by me.

Does anyone have a source for the original paint codes/formulae for the light green paint that was current in 1959?

TIA

chris

Hi Chris,

When I was after paint codes for my TR3a, I sent an email to technical@tr-register.co.uk and received a table of paint codes back.

I am not near a copy machine at the moment but it does contain an Apple Green and the codes are:

GIP Ltd GLS5454; ICI2920 or 2472; Berger (Ault & Wiborg) 18353

Having just bought load of cellulose, I found that the cheapest supplier was a company called Classic Car Paint Supplies in Birkenhead. If you google Classic Car Paint Supplies or Autopaint International you should find them.

Rgds Ian

Hey All,

I just registered. My TR-3A will be coming home after 3 years lounging in a body shop and still not finished. That will be done by me.

Does anyone have a source for the original paint codes/formulae for the light green paint that was current in 1959?

TIA

chris

Hello Chris and welcome.

Try this link

http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/paint.htm

good luck

Edited by angelfj
Hey All,

TIA

chris

here's another source of info.

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/