Aeroscreens Factory Replicas

I will be at Stoneleigh on Sunday with screens for inspection both replicas and Brooklands conversions

Phone me on the day 07977214010 (phone only turned on when I am expecting a call)

This is a mixture of original and replica can you tell the difference?

This is a mixture of original and replica can you tell the difference?

Tom,

Apologies if you have posted this elsewhere, but what is the spacing between the bolt holes? I have a Doretti with a pair of holes in the scuttle that may have been for a racing screen, and I wonder if it might have been the TR2/3 type.

Thanks,

Vittorio

...............what is the spacing between the bolt holes? I have a Doretti with a pair of holes in the scuttle that may have been for a racing screen, and I wonder if it might have been the TR2/3 type.

Vittorio

The spacing between the scuttle bolt holes should be at 13 1/4" centres.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Tom

I believe we met breifly at the Triumph Show at the weekend where you kindly talked through the ongoing subject of Aero screens, I was also able to see the examples there first hand.

The Remanufactured 'Factory' items that you had on display look superb, but I do fear they may be beyond my budget for such luxuries!

However, I came away quite inspired that there was a good alternative to these in respect of a converted Brooklands screen using your 'kit'.

I intend persuing this avenue - but I do have acouple of questions:

You mentioned about spacer to the side of each frame 'upright' is being developed to extend up the side of the upright similar to the ones shown - when will the conversion kits be available with this type of spacer?

Also - as for the 'donor' Brooklands screens - are alls these made to the same pattern/size? IE is your kit suitable for any/all? I have spoken to a company based in Norfolk who claim to make these - do you know if these are suitable?

Cheers

Graham

............ - as for the 'donor' Brooklands screens - are alls these made to the same pattern/size? IE is your kit suitable for any/all? I have spoken to a company based in Norfolk who claim to make these - do you know if these are suitable?

Graham

Here are the screens displayed at Stoneleigh - the left screen is an original ST Aeroscreen, on the right is Tom's reproduction and the rear screens are my Brooklands-Aeroscreen conversions.

I believe the reproductions supplied by Moss et al are an exact copy of the original Brooklands design in terms of dimensions. Mine are original 1960s Brooklands screens which are identified by the raised 'Brooklands' wording. Reproductions are usually embossed with 'Brooklands' or Aero-screen' which is not raised but cast into the frame.

Cheers

Andrew

Graham

Here are the screens displayed at Stoneleigh - the left screen is an original ST Aeroscreen, on the right is Tom's reproduction and the rear screens are my Brooklands-Aeroscreen conversions.

I believe the reproductions supplied by Moss et al are an exact copy of the original Brooklands design in terms of dimensions. Mine are original 1960s Brooklands screens which are identified by the raised 'Brooklands' wording. Reproductions are usually embossed with 'Brooklands' or Aero-screen' which is not raised but cast into the frame.

Cheers

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

My apologies - was it you I met at Stoneleigh displaying the 3 screens?

I got the impression that the parts required for a Brooklands conversion (new glass, mounting feet, spacer, rubber seal) where available as a kit to do ones own conversion.

Is this the case?

Graham

Hi Graham

No, it was probably Tom but I thought I would offer an answer as I know that Tom doesn't visit the Forum as often as I do and the converted Brooklands screens you looked at were mine.

Yes, the parts are as you list them for the conversion kits and you do the conversion yourself - there is an article in the next TRAction about the concept-to-production of the Aeroscreen reproductions and Brooklands conversions which also describes the 'fitting up' process.

Regards

Andrew

All the parts reqired to convert the" Brooklands" screens are available and I have a number of orders to fill. I will be starting the distribution of these in early April The spacers combined extentions on the side of the screens have not yet been tooled .If you wait till these have been developed I will post when they become available.

I hope this helps

Tom Maddock

Hi Graham

No, it was probably Tom but I thought I would offer an answer as I know that Tom doesn't visit the Forum as often as I do and the converted Brooklands screens you looked at were mine.

Yes, the parts are as you list them for the conversion kits and you do the conversion yourself - there is an article in the next TRAction about the concept-to-production of the Aeroscreen reproductions and Brooklands conversions which also describes the 'fitting up' process.

Regards

Andrew

Vittorio

The spacing between the scuttle bolt holes should be at 13 1/4" centres.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, thank you for the reply. That spacing wouldn't match the holes in my car, so it must have been another screen type.

Regards,

Vittorio