Window Winder Mechanism

Hello

I've spent part of the weekend installing all the paraphanalia into the doors on my TR4. I didn't take any photos as I dismantled them so I have a question about the pivot bolt - there is a washer and a thackery washer which fit on this bolt, is the order thackery, washer, mechanism door, or is it mechanism, thackery, washer door? Bit of an odd question, but would appreciate some help to make sure I get everything in the right order before buttoning up the doors.

I spent the other part of the weekend taking the head off the engine to replace the head gasket. The gasket (which is a Stanpart one bizarely) has some sort of white/silver material on it, part of which has been left on the block. Another question on this - how do I get this off the top of the block without scraping?

Thanks

Myles

Hi Myles,

not too important as it should all fall into place. The spring (Thackery) washer fits between the mechanism and the door inner skin to stop any rattling.

The plain washer fits under the nut. A plain washer could go between te spring washer and the skin if it snags at all.

Hope this helps

Roger

Hello

I've spent part of the weekend installing all the paraphanalia into the doors on my TR4. I didn't take any photos as I dismantled them so I have a question about the pivot bolt - there is a washer and a thackery washer which fit on this bolt, is the order thackery, washer, mechanism door, or is it mechanism, thackery, washer door? Bit of an odd question, but would appreciate some help to make sure I get everything in the right order before buttoning up the doors.

I spent the other part of the weekend taking the head off the engine to replace the head gasket. The gasket (which is a Stanpart one bizarely) has some sort of white/silver material on it, part of which has been left on the block. Another question on this - how do I get this off the top of the block without scraping?

Thanks

Myles

Myles - I've just been to have a look. I think it goes mechanism, washer,Thackery, door. When I put mine back together I spent a long time working it out because I bought new Thackerys and they were the wrong size. Jeff at Moss eventually agreed with me that they had the wrong thing. I don't know if they have stock the right size yet. The wkshp manual says...refit pivot with plain washer and double coil spring washer between regulator and inner panel.Locking washer goes under nut. Hope this helps JJC