59 TR3a Toe in angle

Dave, For standard front suspension set up the tracking should be parallel to 1/8" toe in. So basically your recollections are correct. I would be interested in your observations after driving with the new poly bushes as I put them on my TR2 but as I haven't finished the restoration yet I haven't driven it yet !

Modern tyre places don't understand toe-in expressed in inches - they work in angles on their laser machines. You need a toe-in of 20 minutes of arc, which is one-third of a degree.

Ian Cornish

Parallel is spot on , but err towards 1/16inch toe-in, rather than expect to get it exact.

This is definative for radials, as well as anything else, go to the tyre mens books, they know a lot more about this that the vehicle manufacturers, thats always been true!

john.

Parallel is spot on , but err towards 1/16inch toe-in, rather than expect to get it exact.

This is definative for radials, as well as anything else, go to the tyre mens books, they know a lot more about this that the vehicle manufacturers, thats always been true!

john.

Well what should have been a simple job has turned into hunt the garage that will do the job. Tried National tyres, a commercial garage they recommended, formula 1 and at last found a garage that will do it with there "old kit" in a weeks time ! The problem is that the modern equipment hangs off the tyre will not clear the wheel arches and the wheel spiners. So I will try agin in a weeks time, and thanks for the Toe in settings posted glad I asked because they didn't have a clue, but then again the car is 50 years old,

Regards Dave