Tonneau and MX5 seats

HI

Thanks for advise on floor. I have now reached the point, where I have plonked (technical term) one of my MX5 seats in the car. The seat upright looks very tall compared to the original side screen style bucket seats and I am now wondering what to do for a tonneau cover.

A quick scan of the archives doesn't seem to mention that area. The obvious answer is one for later head rest cars, but don't want to order and find it doesn't fit.

Mike

HI

Thanks for advise on floor. I have now reached the point, where I have plonked (technical term) one of my MX5 seats in the car. The seat upright looks very tall compared to the original side screen style bucket seats and I am now wondering what to do for a tonneau cover.

A quick scan of the archives doesn't seem to mention that area. The obvious answer is one for later head rest cars, but don't want to order and find it doesn't fit.

Mike

Mike, I think most people at least in TR6 land take a tonneau to the local auto upholsterer and get a couple of bigger pockets sewn in to accommodate the Miata seats. I rarely use my cover (its either raining or it aint so the top is either up or it is down ..) so I havent bothered with this mod.

I also wonder if you could not just tilt the seats all the way forward or push them forward and tilt all the way back and have enough clearance for the tonneau, perhaps with a bit of a bump ?.

Stan

Mike, I think most people at least in TR6 land take a tonneau to the local auto upholsterer and get a couple of bigger pockets sewn in to accommodate the Miata seats. I rarely use my cover (its either raining or it aint so the top is either up or it is down ..) so I havent bothered with this mod.

I also wonder if you could not just tilt the seats all the way forward or push them forward and tilt all the way back and have enough clearance for the tonneau, perhaps with a bit of a bump ?.

Stan

Thanks Stan

Yes I can do the upholster thing, I was idly/vaguely hoping taht someone had come up with some clever Blue Peter type fix I could snitch .

Presently my hood is an old non stretchy canvas one and is shrunk or from another car so it doesn't really fit . So in my version of TR land, its either raining or it aint but my hood is either down or it is down. My tonneaus does nearly fit and well enough to water proof the car and make it look secure when its parked out, and on my own I can jsut un zip the drivers side .

Mike

Thanks Stan

Yes I can do the upholster thing, I was idly/vaguely hoping taht someone had come up with some clever Blue Peter type fix I could snitch .

Presently my hood is an old non stretchy canvas one and is shrunk or from another car so it doesn't really fit . So in my version of TR land, its either raining or it aint but my hood is either down or it is down. My tonneaus does nearly fit and well enough to water proof the car and make it look secure when its parked out, and on my own I can jsut un zip the drivers side .

Mike

ok, understood Mike. Perhaps someone will come up with a solution made from fairy liquid bottles, toilet roll tubes and coathangers :rolleyes: . I'll get my TR6 back on its wheels this weekend and you have piqued my interest in using the tonneau with the Miata seats.

Stan