Centre Bump-stop on TR4

Ok, as it's still too cold here to be doing any work on my 4 in an unheated garage, I've got a reasonably idle query instead...

There is what looks like a large, rubber bump-stop attached to the floor of my TR4, immediately above the diff casing on the centre-line of the body. I can't find this part in any diagrams or descriptions (I've looked under both bodywork/fittings and rear suspension) and so am wondering if it's normal/standard or if it's some odd thing that has been fitted at some time by a previous owner. My last TR (10+ years ago) was a 4A, so obviously this is new to me.

If it's not immediately apparent to anyone what this is, I'll take a photo. However, as I say - it's bloody feezing in Toronto so if I don't have to muck about jacking up the rear and taking off wheels, I'll go with that.

Thanks!!

Tim

Great, many thanks - good to expand my knowledge. I wonder what happens when anyone needs a new one...:D

Its listed in the parts section for non IRS 4a axles as being part number 136758 pinion housing buffer. Which is the same as the outer bump rubber on the chassis under the lever arm shock on IRS cars.

Stuart.