My TR6

I've not been around these parts for a couple of years as I've had other projects and my 6 has been away.

Some of you guys may remember that I bought a 1 owner 13000 73 TR6 from it's original 85 year old owner.

The car was simply driven once a year for it's MOT and back to the owner where it would sit in the garage once more.

He hadn't driven it for years as he couldn't get in it.

The car had it's soft top folded down under it's factory hard top since he could remember, it had never been painted or polished for that matter. Needless to say it was original in every respect except for fuel pump up grade. The car still has it's unused spare wheel and tyre. (Dunlop SP)

The car had a small dent on the front wing near the bumper and a mark on the drivers door. I intended to get the wing and door repaired/painted and get the car polished to death and detailed. However the shine would not last as the paint had lost it's life. The only solution unfortunately was to sympathetically paint the car. We left door shuts etc as original and tried to replicate the BL paint in so much as it wasn't to be too perfect, (slight orange peel)

Any way the car is back with me now and I'll be spending the next couple of weeks detailing and putting the exterior trim , bumpers, lights etc back in place.

I've had many TR6s over the years but it's kinda nice to find this one as it left the factory.

The car was Ziebarted from new so there's a massive job in hand to remove al the black gunk from the engine bay but the cra has absolutely no rust so it did the job.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I'm able for those who are interested.

Lee

I'd be just as interested in seeing some piccies of the other cars in your stable to drool over.

..one of the lasty 50 V12 E- Types, and a V8 Vantage.

I'll bet that Santa did not even waste time visiting your house - he'd have no idea what to get the man with everything ;)

Regards

Peter

I have a passion for cars.

The E Type is currently undergoing some cosmetic work, Similar to the TR, low miles and a 1 owner but it'd had a dodgy re-paint 20 yrs ago.

the Aston is a 23000 miler, Always wanted one as a nipper....it's been a long time coming.

Commemorative003.jpg

Aston007.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos.

I can't help but wonder if the TR6 seems a bit tame after getting out of the Vantage.

...must be difficult at times deciding which one to drive.

Regards

Peter

The Mustang was just a V8GT with a GT500 front end now replaced with a SuperSnake (well spotted)

Deciding which to drive in not my biggest problem. I,m addicted to cars and have run out of space. the TR is still out side on the trailer I picked it up on. :(

I love the 6 and have had at leats one for many years, there's just something about them that does it for me.. The last one I had was a bit of a rat with big Wolfrace wheels, looked mean, drove really well, was solid but tatty and I used to love ddriving it everyday in all weathers. Never had so much fun. Just the smell of exhaust gasses that ruined it for me.

No....I dont get it with this one thank goodness.

I never did get to the bottom of the reason . Many discussions on here at the time and the car was set up to perfection but still ran rich for some reason. Still I'm not going to revisit this one again.

Having trouble uploading pics but heres a few odd ones just to show how the Zeibart did its job. Took some pics from inside the boot showing under the top deck and there's not a mark, just nice original red paint.Can't seem to load them though

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Edited by lee