TR4A body question

Can one of you 4A owners please tell me if the rear valance on the 4A, had the hole in the valance that the TR5 had for reversing lamps?

Or was this hole only in the valance on TR5 and TR250 shells

thats what I wanted to know thank you

peter

Peter the holes for the reversing lights are in the top extension part of the rear panel. TR5/250 only although they were offered as an optional extra for 4a.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks to all,

It now appears that I bought 2 tr250's from the USA, the rear half was a white one, whilst the front is the original BRG one, the bodies have been spliced

across the jacking holes.

I also note that the B posts are 250 also, I need new floors and inner and outer sills so its not too important.

The seller says he didnt know, perhaphs he didnt.

I shall not cast aspersions for he did seem a genuine guy.

I certainly wouldn't worry about your car being made from two. As long as the chassis is straight and true you can add bits of bodywork. It is the same thing as replacing the rear panels with others, as you were going to do. Apart from absolutely original cars, I would venture a guess that most surviving cars have seen some new, or secondhand, metal inserted, either as patches or complete panels. The original rear end might have been worse than the one with it now. As you say, with new sills and floors who would know, or even care, so long as the job has been done correctly and safely. Get stuck into it!

Rod