Replacement Seats

I’m looking to replace my standard TR4A seats with high back seats/ headrest. I have seen the MOSS and TRGB ones on offer but would welcome any advice for people that have already installed this type of seat

Thanks in advance Richard

Do a forum search on seats, there are loads of threads on this.

Options generally come out as (in no particular order) Ridgard, Revington, Moss, TRGB, TR shop and MX5.

I personally went the MX5 route (with seperate headrests) and am very happy with them.

Colin

I personally went the MX5 route (with seperate headrests) and am very happy with them.

Likewise. TR Trader does conversion brackets for the MX5 seats and the seats themselves are available on Ebay for not a lot of money, although you may have to search a little harder for those with separate headrests, which I think look more in keeping.

Ivor

Hi all

I presently have Corbeau Classic seats with headrests in my TR4A. They are uncomfortable so I am changing. By good fortune I found a set of MX5 seats (with separate headrests) at the upholsterer's place close to where I live. He is going to recover them for me in matching leather.

I read in some of the forum topics that these seats are a bit higher than normal and it might be necessary to cut some of the foam off the base before I reupholster.

Any advice? I am 5ft 10 inches normal size. Do I have to do this or is this only necessary for tall drivers?

How much is required? Easy to do?

Good article on MX5 seats on the TR Register Technacilities CD

Have had imported MX5 seats (eunos) for a few years, but not totally happy with them as backache seemed to result. Following a recommendation from a fellow group member have been using MR2 seats for the last year & both Gail & I found them really comfortable over 2000 miles this summer in Sweden. Only problem, they are a pig to fit as very tight width wise. had to make up some mounting brackets , but that was not too difficult.

I read in some of the forum topics that these seats are a bit higher than normal and it might be necessary to cut some of the foam off the base before I reupholster.

Any advice? I am 5ft 10 inches normal size. Do I have to do this or is this only necessary for tall drivers?

How much is required? Easy to do?

I'm 6.0" and find them OK. On the TR Trader brackets one sits about 1" higher, I reckon. Only problem I had was with the door mirror as it was already at max articulation and the 1" higher gave me a good view of the outside of the door. <_<

Ivor

I'm 6.0" and find them OK. On the TR Trader brackets one sits about 1" higher, I reckon. Only problem I had was with the door mirror as it was already at max articulation and the 1" higher gave me a good view of the outside of the door. <_<

Ivor

I got the brackets from TRtrader too no probs, just end up lookin out through top of the windscreen.

post-761-1224845568_thumb.jpg

post-761-1224845568_thumb.jpg

Have had imported MX5 seats (eunos) for a few years, but not totally happy with them as backache seemed to result. Following a recommendation from a fellow group member have been using MR2 seats for the last year & both Gail & I found them really comfortable over 2000 miles this summer in Sweden. Only problem, they are a pig to fit as very tight width wise. had to make up some mounting brackets , but that was not too difficult.

thank for the advice i think i will try a set of MX5 seats to start with and see how i get on

Richard