TR4A Seat Belts

I've just bought a 4A registered on 1/1/66 and am due to collect it this Friday; there are no seat belts fitted - can anyone recommend a manufacturer of an inertia belt.

Thanks

Securon are the most prolific make for 4a. Available at all the usual suspects. TR Shop, Moss, TRGB, TR Bitz etc.

Stuart.

DJF / Nic

Stuart refers to Securon seat belts, I used model 514/30 which is "angle adjustable" mounting the reel on the inner wheel arch.The space at the base of the B post, behind the seat, is extremely limited.

During my body off restoration I drilled a suitable sized hole and re-inforced it with the largest penny washer I could find, bent to the curvature of the wheel arch.Behind that I put a threaded reinforcing bar and welded these to the underside of the wheel arch.

The reel, each side, I mounted on a substantial dog legged metal bar to :-

1.Keep the reel as high as possible to shoulder height, but still " below" the tonneau cover height (when fitted).

2.Inboard sufficiently to not foul the metal hood frame when folded.

I guess this option depends on your willingness to set to with the welder if you have a nice existing car, rather than the basket case I started with.

On the downside the MOT Inspector won't accept a seat belt fixing that is not substantial and solidly fixed to the bodywork.

best of luck with it you guys.

Bob

Hi, I have some securon inertia belts fitted, as in the picture. All the fixing holes are original to the body, some had to be reinforced, the only ones I had to make are the two for the storks, these are in the prop tunnel, I think the original fixings were on the floor and into the chassis, these have also been strengthened and the right size nut welded to the plate.

Hope this is useful.

cheers

post-6582-1224699317_thumb.jpg

post-6582-1224699317_thumb.jpg