Amazing plan for TR5

I'm surprised the "Star Letter" in the October Triumph World went by without comment. Mr Andy Curry of Ystrad Mynach, South Wales apparently always wanted a TR4 but as luck would have it he had the chance to buy a TR5 in apparently good condition for GBP 7K. Now his question to TW is how to get rid of the "useless six cylinder engine" and replace it and the rest of the trim etc to end up with a TR4.

I had to check the date on the front cover as I was sure it must have been the April edition but no, the mag folks says this is for real.

Stan

HI Stan, Just goes to show how few of us read Triumph World mag then.

We are all too busy reading Traction and the Forum.

If the story is true then thats one TR5 that Marko missed picking up, but it does sound a bit

like someone is " extracting the urine " on this occassion :P

I'm surprised the "Star Letter" in the October Triumph World went by without comment. Mr Andy Curry of Ystrad Mynach, South Wales apparently always wanted a TR4 but as luck would have it he had the chance to buy a TR5 in apparently good condition for GBP 7K. Now his question to TW is how to get rid of the "useless six cylinder engine" and replace it and the rest of the trim etc to end up with a TR4.

I had to check the date on the front cover as I was sure it must have been the April edition but no, the mag folks says this is for real.

Stan

I think he wants a smack in the earhole...wally!! GBP 7K, lovely..

Tony