Engine Number on TR4

Hi

The engine number shown on the original log book on our 64 TR4 is 30600 but the current 4A engine now installed is in the 50000 range.

Dont know if there's an official production listing as I believe engines were sold to other manufacturers as well.

All the best

Dazzer

Hi Dazzer, i didn't know that "our" engines were sold to other manufacturers too.

Maybe somewhere there is an archive, but probably not.

Thanks,

David

They went in boats and Morgans to name a few.

Stuart.

http://www.trregistry.com/start/registry/html/TR4/index.htm

David, the above web site shows a list of some owners/TRs and some show details of engine number as well as commission number. Some details look like they might not be 100% correct but it may help you to tie down the date a bit. The commission number for the first 1966 TR4a was CTC64148 so allowing for extra engines made I would guess your engine would still be 1965.

There were no engine numbers assigned between roughly CT41000E and CT50000E. Jon Marshall no doubt holds records of both engine and commission numbers of TR4as and he could probably narrow it down a date for you based on details of other TR4as held.

Edited by Trevor S