Tonneau question

I have a tonneau for my TR6. But, it doesn't seem to fit, so I'd welcome your advice ....

It fits OK at the front, on the studs under the windscreen and the first press stud on the door. But then at the back, it's about 5 inches too short. I know it's supposed to be under tension, but I can't stretch it anywhere near enough. Also, none of the press studs line up except the one in the middle at the back.

I've attached some photos which may explain what I mean.

I'm wondering if the tonneau is actually for another TR, or even something else! I know this forum offers a wealth of knowledge, so maybe you can solve this one for me!

Geoff

post-5717-1221411043_thumb.jpg

post-5717-1221411058_thumb.jpg

post-5717-1221411064_thumb.jpg

post-5717-1221411043_thumb.jpg

post-5717-1221411058_thumb.jpg

post-5717-1221411064_thumb.jpg

Hi Geoff

If you can remove the headrests, try it again! also try fitting it from the back to the front!

But as you say its its 5" too short!!

Hang on>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ive just measured my new D/D tonneau recently bought from marko,its a perfect fit and its 1.55m [61"] front to back and 1.28m [50.5"] across the middle!

Are you SURE your tonneau IS for a TR6? as ive been told the Spitfire one looks similar!! with or without headrests!!

Dave

MY TR6's TONNEAU

hood6.jpg

A SPITFIRE TONNEAU

spitton.jpg

Edited by PILKIE

Hi Geoff,

your rear deck has the same number of popper studs as Daves tonneau cover. However your tonneau has less studs thus you have the wrong one. 5" is a lot so we must be talking of a smaller car. As Dave said the Spitfire may be the candidate.

Roger

Thanks for your replies.

My tonneau is 1.38 m/54 inches long and 1.27 m/50 inches wide. So it's looking as if it isn't a TR6 tonneau.

I'll pose the question on one of the Triumph sites which has a Spitfire section.

Geoff.