Rear Telescopic question

Hi guys

I have just received via post a pair of rear trailing arms for use with a rear telescopic kit.

The holes in the arms where the shock will go through are a bit 'mangled' and elongated, I think this is an issue, do you agree?

Thanks,

Steve

I have just received via post a pair of rear trailing arms for use with a rear telescopic kit.

The holes in the arms where the shock will go through are a bit 'mangled' and elongated, I think this is an issue, do you agree?

Depends.

If the holes are the usual mount points for the lever arms, they have a big rubber/poly bush under & over so some grunging of the holes is not an issue. If they've been run in the past with the nuts loose, maybe that's the cause?

Post a pic, I'll compare it with the spare TA I have in the garage.

Why did you need new TAs btw? I thought the conversion was a bolt-on.... :unsure:

Ivor

Hi guys

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Ivor

Only went for some replacements so I could get them blasted and painted ahead of fitting.

Will sort out a pic tonight.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi guys

Thanks,

Steve

if it's a Revington coil over shock conversion, you will need to enlarge the hole inside the spring to fit the lower shock mounting, it doesn't use the original damper mounting hole (can be cut off if you like)....if its another make....I don't know!

john

Only went for some replacements so I could get them blasted and painted ahead of fitting.

Gosh, this is going to be some polished car... :blink:

Before painting, I'd also check the hub studs by torqueing them up on a hub...

Btw, you know there was a change in the TA geometry early on - doesn't matter much as you can still adjust them to sit OK - what casting dates do your new TAs have?

Ivor