Front camber too negative

the front camber on the offside wheel was way too negative -3.5% and maybe more. Having investigated I believed that removing the shims on the bottom wishbone would at least improve the situation but alas NO, its worse. I have recently replaced the springs with lowered ones from TRGB and rebuilt all suspension with poly bushes and replaced the wheel bearings. Am I missing something ... I was next going to try replacing the 2 shims (that I removed) at either end of the front offside wishbone and adding 2 more at each end just to see what effect that has. I dont believe the car has been in an accident and the wishbone brackets have been strengthened so any clues appreciated. Also noteworthy the camber on the nearside fron isnt bad probably about -1%. Also noteworthy is that fact that I had the same iissue on the back, offside camber much more negative that nearside. swopped the outside trailing bracket from a 2 notch facing upward to a 3 notch facing downward and hey presto that seems to have done the trick. many thanks to 88v8 Ivor you sent me some rear brackets to play with.

the front camber on the offside wheel was way too negative -3.5% and maybe more. Having investigated I believed that removing the shims on the bottom wishbone would at least improve the situation but alas NO, its worse.

So you rebuilt all the susp, and it was negative.

And then you took out the shims and it's more negative ? :blink:

No way Jose.

When shims are removed, the wishbone lower pivot moves inwards so neg camber reduces, as you said.

Adding more shims will make it worse.

Something misassembled somewhere, sorry can't be more specific.

Ivor

I'm with Ivor - adding shims makes it more negative ( wheels closer together at the top ).

You might ensure you have the upper fulcrum brackets on right way round - if backwards they will produce about the amount of error you describe. Note also shorter springs will make the camber more negative too <_< Finally, it's been my experience that ~ 1 degree negative can be good for cornering.

I'm with Ivor - adding shims makes it more negative ( wheels closer together at the top ).

You might ensure you have the upper fulcrum brackets on right way round - if backwards they will produce about the amount of error you describe. Note also shorter springs will make the camber more negative too <_< Finally, it's been my experience that ~ 1 degree negative can be good for cornering.

I agree with all the assertions. The upper fulchrum pins werent removed when I rebuilt the suspension but the wishbones were. Could I have reassembled with the bottom wishbone arms on top and vice versa would that do what I am sussesting. Also the real confusion is how by removing shims can the camber become more negative.......?