Hood bag help please

i've just had a hood cover (bag) made up using the old one that came with the car as pattern. Where do the two elasticated snaps attach on the 'flap' that folds over the folded hood....does the flap fold up around the hood somehow or go down towards the footwell as a cover for the rear 'seat'?

thanks

john

i've just had a hood cover (bag) made up using the old one that came with the car as pattern. Where do the two elasticated snaps attach on the 'flap' that folds over the folded hood....does the flap fold up around the hood somehow or go down towards the footwell as a cover for the rear 'seat'?

thanks

john

On my 6 there are four straps. Perhaps the 250 was different.....

Two at the front of the bag that go down to studs screwed on the B posts.

Two pretty well in line with the ends of the rear trim panel, that go down to studs on the rear panel which are screwed through to the vertical bars behind the trim panel... does this make any sense ... could post some pics....

Having just done this job, if I may also observe, as regards installing the poppers in the hood cover, be a little generous when positioning the cover on the folded hood. Aim to have about 1/4" of the cover overlapping the hood onto the rear deck. This will ensure the hood is completely concealed by the cover, especially where it goes around the corner above the wheelarch. Otherwise the hood tends to peep out from under like a tart's knickers. :blink:

Ivor

On my 6 there are four straps. Perhaps the 250 was different.....

Two at the front of the bag that go down to studs screwed on the B posts.

Two pretty well in line with the ends of the rear trim panel, that go down to studs on the rear panel which are screwed through to the vertical bars behind the trim panel... does this make any sense ... could post some pics....

Having just done this job, if I may also observe, as regards installing the poppers in the hood cover, be a little generous when positioning the cover on the folded hood. Aim to have about 1/4" of the cover overlapping the hood onto the rear deck. This will ensure the hood is completely concealed by the cover, especially where it goes around the corner above the wheelarch. Otherwise the hood tends to peep out from under like a tart's knickers. :blink:

Ivor

Thanks Ivor,

Yes I have four as well, I can see where the front ones need go on the B post to cover the hood frame, but the rear ones..... I get the drift, but do they go up under the folded hood, or down where panel meets the seat or half way in between!? i'm tempted to put it straight down to the footwell to keep anything stowed on the rear seat ledge to be out of sight....

The car trimmer who made the cover fitted it to the car OK on Saturday having previously made it a bit oversize all round to cover the bulkier Mohair hood....nice job but not cheap!

john

Edited by johnny250

Hi John.

When I put mine back together,the securing poppers went onto the fitting on the back panel close to the top of the inner wheel arch.

I also had the idea about fitting a lower point to help conceal the back shelf,so I fitted 2 more on the vertical edge of the rear "seat" section.

This also adds to securing the carpet in place without glueing it!

Dave

Hi John.

When I put mine back together,the securing poppers went onto the fitting on the back panel close to the top of the inner wheel arch.

I also had the idea about fitting a lower point to help conceal the back shelf,so I fitted 2 more on the vertical edge of the rear "seat" section.

This also adds to securing the carpet in place without glueing it!

Dave

thanks Dave.good idea...i'll fit two too ;)

john