Exhaust systems

OK, here are some pics. After this I did some adjustments (better centred and a slight turn clockwise for the left muffler) and they are currently even tighter fitted to the chassis than shown on the pics. Sound is an "airy smooth but deep sound", very pleasant to the ears and IMHO look fantastic. Certainly worth their money so job well done by Revington.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

Edited by jobster
OK, here are some pics. After this I did some adjustments (better centred and a slight turn clockwise for the left muffler) and they are currently even tighter fitted to the chassis than shown on the pics. Sound is an "airy smooth but deep sound", very pleasant to the ears and IMHO look fantastic. Certainly worth their money so job well done by Revington.

Am I correct that the front to rear pipes are in one long piece ?. I think that would make it a challenge to ship internationally.

Stan

Am I correct that the front to rear pipes are in one long piece ?. I think that would make it a challenge to ship internationally.

Stan

The muffler measures 1,10m (you do the maths to make it imperial) and is the biggest part. Fitted all neatly in one box and shipping was around GPB 20 from the UK to the Netherlands.

Will post a sound clip as well, but don't hold your breath. The videocam is somewhere in one of the 150 boxes waiting to be unpacked once the house is all done.

Comes complete with all the required bolts and nuts as well a the rubber parts near the gearbox (pain to fit but not nearly as bad as undoing the old downpipe).

Edited by jobster
The muffler measures 1,10m (you do the maths to make it imperial) and is the biggest part. Fitted all neatly in one box and shipping was around GPB 20 from the UK to the Netherlands.

Will post a sound clip as well, but don't hold your breath. The videocam is somewhere in one of the 150 boxes waiting to be unpacked once the house is all done.

Comes complete with all the required bolts and nuts as well a the rubber parts near the gearbox (pain to fit but not nearly as bad as undoing the old downpipe).

Thanks, 1.1 meters is about 3.5 feet or .005 furlongs. Easy enough to hand carry back from a UK trip..

Stan

OK, fitted my Revington SS dual exhaust for my 73 PI. What a difference!!!! Great smooth sound with great performance. And comes with a good ground clearance as well. Not cheap, but fantastic quality for the price.

Just wondering which part number you bought.. Revington lists two systems, RTR2006CK and RTR2006BK but it is not obvious to me what the difference is as the pictures look the same.. same price, 387 GBP without VAT, 455 GBP with VAT.

Stan

Why pay all that money when the TR6 GT system from moss (part number FSTR56S £242.95 retail including VAT) is pretty much exactly the same and gives great ground clearance as well. The only difference is the rearmost mounts are through the boot floor. I have had one on my 4a for many years and I cant fault it and it is very free flowing, easy to do comparison gastest for each carb and has a great sound especially combined with twin 40s on stub stacks. Although I dont run a rear bumper the tail pipes are long enough not to leave black residue on one if fitted.

Stuart.

Why pay all that money when the TR6 GT system from moss (part number FSTR56S £242.95 retail including VAT) is pretty much exactly the same and gives great ground clearance as well. The only difference is the rearmost mounts are through the boot floor. I have had one on my 4a for many years and I cant fault it and it is very free flowing, easy to do comparison gastest for each carb and has a great sound especially combined with twin 40s on stub stacks. Although I dont run a rear bumper the tail pipes are long enough not to leave black residue on one if fitted.

Stuart.

Well, in my case, DPO had these fitted, and I did not like the sound, and the muffler could not cope with all these d*****d speedbumps. The Revingtons are much better in all aspects except price. But we free world so everyone is entitled to chose whatever they deem (will) fit.

Just wondering which part number you bought.. Revington lists two systems, RTR2006CK and RTR2006BK but it is not obvious to me what the difference is as the pictures look the same.. same price, 387 GBP without VAT, 455 GBP with VAT.

Stan

I have a 1973 PI and ordered RTR2006K and RTR2006FK3 as per Alan Goodwin's advice. Send him a mail @ Revington and he will advice you.

I have a 1973 PI and ordered RTR2006K and RTR2006FK3 as per Alan Goodwin's advice. Send him a mail @ Revington and he will advice you.

Does anybody else have a spacer as large as that between the body and crossmember like jobster's car?

Edited by ntc

Stuart.

I like the way the Revington system fits and it seems people are ok with the sound. It seems to be a challenge to find a system that performs, looks good, sounds good (not too noisy), doesnt compromise ground clearance and is made of SS so it wont rot.

The Moss SS sports system over here is $630 so the Revington (sans VAT) would not be a huge price difference although shipping would not be cheap unless I came and picked it up on a future trip.

Stan

For those of you that like your current s/s exhaust, but don't like the loud volume, you could add another silencer.

There is a company called Longlife that can do this for you, or even build a complete s/s OEM or performance system to your exact spec, with a wide range of tailpipe finishes.

The cost is significantly less than established performance systems as a rule of thumb.

I have used them for many cars in the past, as I wanted power, but not too loud like a lot of off the shelf performance exhausts.

They also are superb at building defunct OEM looking systems for older cars. All welds are 1st class, as is the grade of stainless steel and silencers they use.

The branch I used was Wallington in Surrey, but they are nation-wide.

Can't comment on a TR system from them though, but you would have free reign to design your own.

Just a thought.

Edited by trfella
Does anybody else have a spacer as large as that between the body and crossmember like jobster's car?

I always fit shells so they only take one thick or one thick and one thin rubber between boot floor and crossmember. Not so essential on 6s but can be crucial on Michelotti bodied cars other wise the rear bumper irons cant sit properly through the back panel and in extreme cases means that the boot lid will hit the overriders when opening.

Stuart