Aluminium Air Feed Plenum for Triple Webers

I need a cold air feed box fabricated to suit Triple 45 Webers, does anybody know of an outfit in the Chichester / West Sussex area that might be able to take on such a commission?

Thanks to all for your help

Cheers

Rob

I need a cold air feed box fabricated to suit Triple 45 Webers, does anybody know of an outfit in the Chichester / West Sussex area that might be able to take on such a commission?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

I think you will find that Revingtons in Somerset have them off the shelf although I cannot tell you how expensive they might be.

Regards

John

Cheers

Rob

Do you REALLY Need one - or just want one?

No 6 I have seen racing in last few years of racing has one and I know all the really quick Race cars. Setting up on the rollers is going to be the best route to power if you have ALL the right bits insie the engine.

Interesting to hear your point of view, I didn't think I needed one....

I have been quite happily running the car without one, using 45 DCOEs and short ram pipes to begin with. The carbs were fully set up on the rollers and the engine is developing just over 200 BHP at the flywheel.

It was a comment received whilst at a meeting that prompted me to think about the issue of feeding more cold (er) air to the carbs (in the past I raced a GT6 with 2.3 engine on injection and ran with long open ram pipes, albeit that the bonnet was fibreglass into which I sculpted an air intake to assist breathing).

Before the issue was raised my plan was to acquire some mesh covers for the ram pipes to protect against stones / gravel etc getting swallowed in the event of an unplanned departure from the circuit.

Any further thoughts or wisdom greatfully received.

I plan to make the step up from sprints & hillclimbs to the circuits next season.

Cheers

Rob

Interesting to hear your point of view, I didn't think I needed one....

I have been quite happily running the car without one, using 45 DCOEs and short ram pipes to begin with. The carbs were fully set up on the rollers and the engine is developing just over 200 BHP at the flywheel.

It was a comment received whilst at a meeting that prompted me to think about the issue of feeding more cold (er) air to the carbs (in the past I raced a GT6 with 2.3 engine on injection and ran with long open ram pipes, albeit that the bonnet was fibreglass into which I sculpted an air intake to assist breathing).

Before the issue was raised my plan was to acquire some mesh covers for the ram pipes to protect against stones / gravel etc getting swallowed in the event of an unplanned departure from the circuit.

Any further thoughts or wisdom greatfully received.

I plan to make the step up from sprints & hillclimbs to the circuits next season.

Cheers

Rob

Ha Rob,

be great to have another TR out - only series worth thinking about is the www.thoroughbredsportscars.com one. Mail me and we can chat about it. Where are you based, loads more races this years all over.

I personally would not bother (the ther Revingto one in the above looks nice - but easy to knock something like that up. But having a mega exhaust built for it will yeild you 10x more than an airbox (like I say no one runs thenm on the UK tracks). I have just had s pecial exhaust built and tad more power but BUCKET Loads of torque all through the rev range;) Save the Cash for a mega Tubi Exhaust.

PM me.

Jon