As per usual, the instructions were about as good as "open packet and fit to car" for a muppet like me this is not good.

I wont even attach a pic of my effort for fear of excommunication

I decided to fit a new alternator after fitting a new narrow pulley but I can seem to get it to fit

does anyone have a pic of a new alternator fitted with the kit

also the pedastal appears to have worn very thin at the base of the threaded section, I will be replacing it should I be worried?

Any help gratefully recieved

Keith

Hello Keith,

Well, I don't have real instructions for you, but... go to my website (in the signature below) then click on 'photo gallery' and then on 'engine', you'll find 3 detailed pictures of the alternator mounted to the side of the engine. Perhaps, this will help you. About the pedestal: it's not too difficult to obtain a new one, I think. I would certainly replace it. It becomes 'the weakest link' of your whole set up, I think.

Regards,

Menno

If by "pedestal" you mean the bracket which bolts to the engine block, then I believe Revington can supply one which is specifically designed for alternator.

Ian Cornish

I wont even attach a pic of my effort for fear of excommunication

Excommunication could be the least of your worries.

Hung drawn and quartered, more like.

Sorry - I'm in a flippant mood.

AlanR