Wrong throttle bodies bought!

Hi all.

Just the other day I bought an almost complete injection system, that was taken off a rear ended accident damaged 1973 car in the early-mid 80's. Was told it had about 35k on the clock.

Thinking that I can then fit to mine temporary,while I clean and polish up my throttle bodies,MU,and repaint the pedastal and overhaul my dizzy.

Not that they really need overhauling! I just like keeping things clean,ish! and its something to do on it!!

Then its just a matter of swapping it all back,and then keep it all as spare items!!

Good plan I thought :P

Got it all home,and while cleaning it all up a bit, I realised the throttle bodies are the later type :blink: BIG OOPSS!!!

Mines a 1970 CP car!! These are for the CR.

The linkages and pipework are different :( So thats blown that idea! :(

I am going to keep the MU,inj pipes,pedastal and dizzy.

But sadly the throttle bodies are no good for my car.

The linkage works and the butterflies seem all ok,they also have 5 push in injectors in them, I kept the odd screw in one as it will fit mine!

All degreased and clean.

I will also include the original Lucas fuel pump as I have a bosch on mine

So if somewone wants to make me a fair offer for them,I can post them at cost,or bring them to Malvern.

Considering what I paid for the system,I have a price in mind for them! So if you match that or better it they are yours!

PM or E me if you are interested!

NOW SOLD

Dave

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Edited by PILKIE

Hi Dave,

recon you had a blonde day when you baught them i no all about them

pinky

Hi all.

Just the other day I bought an almost complete injection system, that was taken off a rear ended accident damaged 1973 car in the early-mid 80's. Was told it had about 35k on the clock.

Thinking that I can then fit to mine temporary,while I clean and polish up my throttle bodies,MU,and repaint the pedastal and overhaul my dizzy.

Not that they really need overhauling! I just like keeping things clean,ish! and its something to do on it!!

Then its just a matter of swapping it all back,and then keep it all as spare items!!

Good plan I thought :P

Got it all home,and while cleaning it all up a bit, I realised the throttle bodies are the later type :blink: BIG OOPSS!!!

Mines a 1970 CP car!! These are for the CR.

The linkages and pipework are different :( So thats blown that idea! :(

I am going to keep the MU,inj pipes,pedastal and dizzy.

But sadly the throttle bodies are no good for my car.

The linkage works and the butterflies seem all ok,they also have 5 push in injectors in them, I kept the odd screw in one as it will fit mine!

All degreased and clean.

I will also include the original Lucas fuel pump as I have a bosch on mine

So if somewone wants to make me a fair offer for them,I can post them at cost,or bring them to Malvern.

Considering what I paid for the system,I have a price in mind for them! So if you match that or better it they are yours!

PM or E me if you are interested!

Dave

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Just shows! ^_^

We all learn something new everyday,I thought it was only the linkage that was different,didnt cross my mind the bodies would be as well!!

If nobody has them before Malvern,I will put them on the bring and buy autojumble stall.

As I have the far superior " in my view" early 3 way linkage,I was going to keep that in situ,but it would now involve changing the link points on the bodies,or as you say I could use them and the linkage as is.

I was going to swap one body at a time as I thought I could,I would then keep them,but I dont want to fart about changing known good spindles and then back again.

I am going to clean mine up in situ the best I can,then remove them this winter and give them a good going over.

Still nobody is asking about them??

What do you lot think they are worth??

A new set is £500+ JEEES!!!!!!!!!!

So if somewone wants them for blinging up!!

They are yours for only £80 + p/p or can deliver to Malvern.

Edited by PILKIE
I am going to clean mine up in situ the best I can,then remove them this winter and give them a good going over.

Dave, small word of warning!

Unless you plan on a complete refurbishment & replacment of worn parts, don’t polish the carbon deposits off the inlet tracts where the butterflies seal, the butterflies or the spindles; the smallest amount of wear & they will leak air live a sieve & you may find you can no longer get the idle speed down. :(

Hi Richard.

I am only going to clean and polish up the outside of them. May not take them off at all if they come up well,I can get to nearly all round them!

And as the existing linkage,and spindles etc are excellent,as they were new in 85 and only 14k since,I only need to wipe it over.

Fortunately I know its best to leave the deposits in the inlet tracts and on the butterflies. if I do clean them it wont be with polish,just a clean out with petrol.

Dave