surrey top again

hello fellow tr persons

am i correct in asuming that a surry top for a tr4 or 4a is the same or will fit a tr5?

So did mine - only the other way round - I've a TR4

Mal

Edited by 4Mal

There are (2) extra studs on the backlight sides not provided for on the '250/5 cockpit rim ( don't know about the 4A ). These can be broken off if present.

Fitment of these tops to '250s must have been extremely rare ( I know of one, though, delivered in the UK on the Overseas Purchase Plan incorporating a factory tour, etc. belonging to Tom Householder in Ohio ). Most of those that have them today are evidently retrofits as they also have snaps on their door tops <_< See Bill Piggott's book featuring Archie Bunker's car ( Carroll O'Connor, R.I.P. ). The specifics of original trim, windscreen capping and seals is still a mystery to me :unsure:

thanks i thought so but now am convinced,hope to win one soon to hopefully make a bit

more room in the rear for my kids,as the folding top takes up so much room when down.

Hi Andrew,

I hope your children are very small as the Surrey actually gives less space (volume) than the convertable roof. There is little head room with the Surrey rear window in place. On my previous TR4A I could get two adults in the back, with the Surrey only one adult lying down.

Roger