Need help again please.

How do I hook up my new coil? My wiring diagram is the old style that has CB (contact breakers) and SW (switch), but of course the new coil has + and -.

I'm told that a coil will work OK whichever way it is connected but that the plugs work better if it is connected "correctly".

The car is Negative earth and I think I need to connect the negative side of the coil to the distributor side, but can someone please confirm or otherwise? There is some "funny" wiring on the car and I don't necessarily want to rely on the connections that were made with the old coil.

Grateful for advice as always.

Brian.

Need help again please.

How do I hook up my new coil? My wiring diagram is the old style that has CB (contact breakers) and SW (switch), but of course the new coil has + and -.

I'm told that a coil will work OK whichever way it is connected but that the plugs work better if it is connected "correctly".

The car is Negative earth and I think I need to connect the negative side of the coil to the distributor side, but can someone please confirm or otherwise? There is some "funny" wiring on the car and I don't necessarily want to rely on the connections that were made with the old coil.

Grateful for advice as always.

Brian.

Brian that is correct as you now have neg earth. The neg connection goes to the dizzy and thence to earth.

Stuart.

Brian that is correct as you now have neg earth. The neg connection goes to the dizzy and thence to earth.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, once I get my renovated distributor back from Martin Jay, I'll be sure to connect it properly.