What is the event?

A track day at a race circuit - Mallory Park, Leicestershire, where you can drive your car at speed on the circuit under the control of circuit marshals.  It is not a race or competitive event against the clock, but drivers will be on the circuit ,with others, at speed.  Entrants should acknowledge and understand the nature and type of activities and the potential risk inherent with motorsport and agree to accept that risk.

Who is organising this?

TR Register is hiring the circuit for the day and will organise the days events.

How do I enter?

Apply for an entry form from TR Register DIDCOT OX11 7HR. For full details.  Entry is entirely at your risk and by doing so you indemnify the organisers circuit and all involved in the event against any claim for whatever reason.  You must be over 18 years of age, the holder of a valid driving licence (bring it with you on the day) and the legal owner of the vehicle, or have full authority from the legal owner, to take part in the event

Click here for application form

If you can't download this file, contact the TR Register Office for full details.

The TR Register:

1B Hawksworth

Southmead Industrial Park

Didcot, Oxfordshire

OX11 7HR  

Tel : ++44 1235-818866

Fax: ++44 1235-818867

E-mail: office@tr-register.co.uk

What does it cost?

The cost for entry is £95.00.  It is hoped to give three morning and three afternoon sessions on track, each of approximately twenty minutes duration.  It maybe possible to increase the number of sessions depending on circumstances on the day.  An additional driver - sharing the day and car - can be added for an extra £25.00.

Do I need to modify my car?

For roadgoing cars your car should be licensed, in good, safe, roadworthy condition with an MOT (bring it with you on the day). Fitting of any additional safety devices e.g. roll bars - is a matter for personal preference and not obligatory.  In events like these the car is put under higher loading than in normal road use conditions.  If you are uncertain that your car is satisfactory for this use you should not enter this track day event. There will be competition cars also participating in the event.

What happens on the day?

On arrival you report to the paddock area - which at Mallory is inside the circuit and involves controlled access across the track.  Fuel is available in the paddock area.  After signing - on there will be a drivers briefing session giving local circuit information and driving protocol.  Further driver advice if required will be available before track sessions commence.  Drivers will be grouped according to experience.  It is expected there will be drivers who will have competition experience and those who have never attended a track day before.  These groupings will be decided on the day and maybe changed at the organisers discretion.

Insurance - what is needed?

In events of this nature the risks of damage are probably much higher than normal road conditions.  Your normal day insurance for day to day road use will almost certainly not be applicable and if you feel the need to arrange individual cover for the day this must be your decision.  Make contact with your insurer and seek their advice.

What else do I need?

A safety helmet must be worn by anyone in the car and clothing must cover arms and legs.

How do I get there?

Mallory Park is located at Kirkby Mallory, Leics, LE9  7QE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
... the car is out of commission at the moment, so will have to try to make it to the next one.

What happened Craig?  I trust the garage hasn't collapsed onto it  :(

Malcolm.

p.s. if you fancy another attempt at a Dorset TR meeting this summer I'm game!

... the car is out of commission at the moment, so will have to try to make it to the next one.

What happened Craig?  I trust the garage hasn't collapsed onto it  :(

Malcolm.

p.s. if you fancy another attempt at a Dorset TR meeting this summer I'm game!

The fuel tank's rusted through, & I'm taking the time to replace the suspension bushes & the iffy looking exhaust section etc. at the same time (still got the garage accident damage to repair). Haven't got a completion date yet but hopefully should be back on the road again in about a month, just when all the sunny weather has gone. !

Will have tp be late summer for a meet as the summer is looking quite full at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest harry dent

Hi Red six,

Thanks for the invite to drive your car.Did you mean it, or was it a slip of the tongue!

I have all the panels I need to rebuild my TR5 thanks.Mind you

a nice pair of rear stanpart wings and rear valance would not go amiss.

See you at Mallory.

Regards Harry.

P.S. Did the flowers work that you won in our raffle or did the better half see through that!

Guest harry dent

I want to thank the TR Register for brillant track day at Mallory Park.I hope this will be repeated again and again.

Special thanks to Tom Wordsworth and John for the ride in your TR6 race car.Unforgetable and fantastic,it was a real shame that the engine decided to terminate.Thanks also to Jerry Vincent for the ride in his TR5 and I vowed to drive my TR5 there when finished and run in.What a drive!Thanks to Tony Lindsay Dean for a most fantastic drive and one I will never forget.The above was also enjoyed by my best mate Alan and I think he might have caught the bug.

Once again thanks to you all for a most amazing day.(this is begining to sound like a night at the oscar awards)

Regards Harry Dent. :^  :^  :^