Metering Unit dribbling

Having just replaced all my bushes and cleaned the components, replaced the fan with electric, replaced bralkes and pipes, just got the car going and its running rough at low revs and leaking petrol from plastic cover on side of metering unit. I suppose it needs replacing. Had the car fo 6 months and I know its hardly been on the road for years....

Having just replaced all my bushes and cleaned the components, replaced the fan with electric, replaced bralkes and pipes, just got the car going and its running rough at low revs and leaking petrol from plastic cover on side of metering unit. I suppose it needs replacing. Had the car fo 6 months and I know its hardly been on the road for years....

From memory a petrol leak from this part of the metering unit usually indicates a split diaghram

I could be wrong (it might be another part!) but it is certainly not a major repair, having had it fixed before

Probably a split diaphragm but excessive fuel line pressure can unseat them giving the same effect. £25 seems rather high for a new one :o so might be worth a quick strip & check first; easy job.

Hi

Moss and Rimmers dont seem to list the diaphragm!! :(

Revingtons supply an unleaded compatible one at £30+vat! Somewone else maybe cheaper but its finding them!!

Hi

Moss and Rimmers dont seem to list the diaphragm!! :(

Revingtons supply an unleaded compatible one at £30+vat! Somewone else maybe cheaper but its finding them!!

All

thanks, yep split diaphram sounds about right but I have learnt it may be PRV and if thats US it could blow dioaphram. Sop have arranged to borrow pressure tester and will probably but a new MU as I suspect that the current one has done very little in last 10 years (round about 1K miles ) and I would really like to do some motoring (south of France etc) this summer and dont want to be worrying about stuff. Getting a MU sorted on the move abroad sounds like hell.....