Frontt Suspension Deflection !?

Hi All,

I have refitted my front suspension with Gaz shocks, standard road springs and poly bushes all round. I have have also replaced all of the bushes,spacers etc in the lower trunnions. My questions is how much deflection should I have in when I push down on the front wing (I weigh 16 stone) as it is not a lot when I do it, it is pretty stiff. Some kind person mentioned that it may be the repro trunnion spacers pinching as they may be a little short , so I have slackened off the lower trunnion bolt to finger tight and this has not made any difference to the deflection.

Any Ideas ? Please , all help gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Jeremy

Hi All,

I have refitted my front suspension with Gaz shocks, standard road springs and poly bushes all round. I have have also replaced all of the bushes,spacers etc in the lower trunnions. My questions is how much deflection should I have in when I push down on the front wing (I weigh 16 stone) as it is not a lot when I do it, it is pretty stiff. Some kind person mentioned that it may be the repro trunnion spacers pinching as they may be a little short , so I have slackened off the lower trunnion bolt to finger tight and this has not made any difference to the deflection.

Any Ideas ? Please , all help gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Jeremy

None of the front suspension bolts should be tightened until the car is back on the ground and sitting at its correct ride height. Are your shocks adjustable as they need to be set on lowest setting first and then adjusted to suit your own requirements. I have very little deflection on my 4a but it is set that way deliberately. What tyre pressures are you using?

Stuart.

Edited by stuart