I have had my 5 done - I think the cost was about £700, but give them a call in Dudley and they will give you a quote. Be warned they have a long waiting list.

Is it worth it, YES. However, panels we thought were 100% good threw up a few surprises!!! - lots and lots more body repairs to be done, every last bit of filler, rust and hidden bodge is revealed and removed. However at least you know its there and can be dealt with.

A small price to pay to remove ALL rust and treat those hidden box section areas and protect them for a very long time. In reality with the cost of restoration and the cost of a good paint job it was a small price, protects the rest of the investment in the car.

mike

I have had my 5 done - I think the cost was about £700, but give them a call in Dudley and they will give you a quote. Be warned they have a long waiting list.

Is it worth it, YES. However, panels we thought were 100% good threw up a few surprises!!! - lots and lots more body repairs to be done, every last bit of filler, rust and hidden bodge is revealed and removed. However at least you know its there and can be dealt with.

A small price to pay to remove ALL rust and treat those hidden box section areas and protect them for a very long time. In reality with the cost of restoration and the cost of a good paint job it was a small price, protects the rest of the investment in the car.

mike

Hi kevin, iam 16 months into a restoration and done all the donkey work myself ,i have just come across someone in waltham abbey who strips panels for £30 each ,it might sound a lot but the time you save and the cost of stripper, wire wheels ,cuts /burns etc it might be worth thinking about,let me know if you need his number,good luck regards nick.

Hi kevin, iam 16 months into a restoration and done all the donkey work myself ,i have just come across someone in waltham abbey who strips panels for £30 each ,it might sound a lot but the time you save and the cost of stripper, wire wheels ,cuts /burns etc it might be worth thinking about,let me know if you need his number,good luck regards nick.

hi nick

thanks mate but i am determinded to do as much work as possible as i want to have my own impact on my car ill consider all the cuts burns etc as war wounds and proudly brag about them in the pub

kevin

hi nick

thanks mate but i am determinded to do as much work as possible as i want to have my own impact on my car ill consider all the cuts burns etc as war wounds and proudly brag about them in the pub

kevin

Kevin,

You will find a previous thread on the relative merits/demerits of acid/alkali dipping and blasting

with grit or other media. Must be at least year ago now, maybe more, but worth reviewing.

Problem with acid dipping is making sure all the acid in the nooks and crannies (and spot welded

joints) is removed/neutralised. It would certainly be far better to acid dip after repairs.

AlanR