Rear Valance Strengthening Bar

I'm currently welding the boot floor from a TR2 into a TR3a shell (pre 60000K) - long story.

On the TR2, the strengthening bar that maintains the structure of the rear valance was welded to the boot floor, whereas the TR3 had the bar running from the top of the valance to the bottom of the valance.

From the mess around, it's obvious that the TR2 boot floor has been welded a few times around the valance area, but before I make was could be the same mistake, could you have a quick look & let me if the TR2 & TR3 differs?

I've attached a photo which shows my options - the bar is just pressing into position to give you the idea

Thanks

post-3957-1202650182_thumb.jpg

post-3957-1202650182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Devs

Sorry chaps, I think I've answered my own question!

The TR2's rear light that attaches through a single hole in the centre of the valance . In view of this, the bar must attach to the boot floot, otherwise the light wouuldn't fit. These forums are good!

Edited by Devs

Its suprising how much the rear panel will flex up and down in the middle without this bar fitted though!

Stuart.