Le Mans Classic 2008 - SOLD OUT!

Just to let everyone know, camping places for this years trip to Le Mans Classic are now sold out.

If you are still interested in going, please join the standby list for cancellations.

Thanks to everyone who booked early! - to date we have 300 cars/camping and about 650 people. Approx. 70% taken by TSSC members and 30% TR Register.

This is already the most popular LMC trip ever!!

Philip

post-3212-1201105163_thumb.jpg

post-3212-1201105163_thumb.jpg

The provisional entry list has just been published. I have been fortunate enough to secure an entry in my TR2 so look forward to meeting some of you at Le Mans.

The car is an ex Australia race car which is being prepared by Neil Revington. It will carry the registration number PDU 222 when finished so should look the part - it'll just be up to the nut behind the wheel to see if it's quick !

"It will carry the registration number PDU 222 when finished so should look the part "

PDU 222 doesn't appear to be live on the DVLA site.

So does this imply that it's yet another 'replicar' rather than an authentic TR on its original plate ?

Or is it a car which has been Australian all its life and has not previously been UK registered ?

Whichever, good luck at Le Mans.

Our little group is heading down to Le Mans on the Thursday, taking a scenic route,and camping with Team Triumph, We decided to leave on the Monday and take an equaly scenic route back.

My question is we will be staying on the Sunday night, does anything much happen?

Cheers

Guy

"It will carry the registration number PDU 222 when finished so should look the part "

PDU 222 doesn't appear to be live on the DVLA site.

So does this imply that it's yet another 'replicar' rather than an authentic TR on its original plate ?

Or is it a car which has been Australian all its life and has not previously been UK registered ?

Whichever, good luck at Le Mans.

Certainly not a "replicar" in any sense. The car has race history from new but has never been registered in the UK so it just seemed appropriate to get a meaningful number. Don't worry the number is live and I will transfer it to the car once it is road registered.

Visiting Le Mans and the International a week later I consider driving from Le Mans direct to U.K. I wonder what route the British are travelling to and from Le Mans. My standard route to U.K. would be via Calais as our club is booking group travel with P&O. Would be interested to join up on the way to U.K. Same as Guy's group, I intend to stay until monday. My final decision will depend upon the possibility to combine it with the return journey Dover-Calais

Edited by jean

Hello all,we have 9 cars and 16 bodies travelling,will be leaving wens morning dublin to hollyhead dock around 12,7hr drive down to poole stay there wens night 7.30 ferry to cherbourg thurs morn,france about 12,4hr drive down to l/m should be there about 6ish we hope.travelling home monday 11.30 from cherbourg to poole now heres the problem do we stay in the u.k for a few days and travel on to malvern or go home and come back, dont think her indoors will be to pleased with the first option.if we stay in the u/k any interesting venues down that neck of the woods, your suggestions please.the cars traveling 1 TR250,6 TR6s,1 TR7,1 STAG. :unsure: