A fresh attempt to post my photos until I take up and try to crack Stuart's suggestion of photobucket.

Stuart, I did say computer dummy.... " just put in the link" is a bit like the start of my 12 year restoration

of the car.I had to have lessons, to weld, panel beat ,paint spray, etc ..the mechanical and upholstery stuff

was self taught.I get there eventually it's just that it may take me a little time !!

Please be patient with me,,,,,I'm always willing to learn.

Bob

post-620-1199541414_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541452_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541491_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541517_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541649_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541414_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541452_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541491_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541517_thumb.jpg

post-620-1199541649_thumb.jpg

Bob the way you are doing it now is ideal for the minute as you arent using up much of your allocation by reducing them like that. I only vaguely know how to do the photobucket add ons so I still post mine the same way as you and then delete them after a few weeks when the topic dies off.

Stuart.

Bob, Thanks for posting the pictures again as I missed them altogether the first time around. Good to see another 4 on the road. Well done for persevering for so long. I see it has got a servo. Did it come with one, or is it an upgrade you have decided upon?

Best of luck with the car. Hopefully the decent top down weather is not too far away.

Regards

Trevor.

Trevor

Apologies for the delay in a response..been away " up North" for a few days to attend a funeral.

Yes, the servo was an upgrade.Being a left hooker and on Strombergs, the nearside was the only space

I could mount it.I had to make a support bracket out of thick aluminium to mount it on the inner wing.

The bracket supplied was designed to fix on the bulkhead horizontal surface.

I then got a local engineering shop to tap the manifold to accept the pipe fitting.I made a couple of smaller

brackets to both support the hose and introduce the " U " shape in the tube as recommended in the fitting

instructions.

Bob

Thanks Bob, It appears that when chosen as an optional extra while in production the servos were mounted on the right (carburettor) side of the car from a bracket fixed on the horizontal surface of the bukhead. All retro fit servos I have seen have been mounted on the opposite side where there certainly appears to be more room. I have been toying with the idea of a servo for a few years but never seem to get around to it, although the inlet manifold fitted to mine has already been drilled to accomodate one. Not having driven a TR4 with a servo I'm not sure how much of an improvemnet it is, but I think it would improve my confidence in the car's stopping ability, although I appreciate it doesn't improve braking performance, just the pressure exerted to achieve it.

Regards

Trevor.

Trevor

My only experience of driving a TR4, prior to getting mine on the road, was when our local Group had the Register's TS2.

I had the privilege of driving Geoff's ( our Chairman )TR4 for the day, non servo car, whist he drove other members cars

who enjoyed piloting TS2.

Compared with any modern Eurobox, that stops with the merest of a touch on the brakes, the TR requires more effort.

As TR owners I don't think anyone is surprised by the comparison.

However, having fitted a servo to mine, I feel the "effort" required to brake is approaching modern standards.TRs are heavy cars

and in the final moments before the vehicle comes to a halt I'm aware of this.My confidence in "retradation" is certainly enhanced

by the servo fitting.

My total mileage / driving a TR4 experience comes to only a couple of hundred miles at the moment so adjust the " pinch of salt "

accordingly.

Other members with a few thousand miles under their belts may have differing views as to whether the results/costs justify the

installation.The old adage..."what price piece" of mind...springs to mind.

Bob