Just for amusement really - I expect many of us have done this - When I was loking for a TR, I came across this one which was for sale in Kent for £350 - I was green. The guy selling the car said "do you really know what your'e taking on?" I thought oh dear maybe he's right. Not knowing much at that time and not knowing what the true value of this car was, I walked away. What a muppet.. I found out what I had missed about a month later - but yes it had gone. I wonder where it is now ?

Best Bill

Point is Bill in those days that was about what it was worth. I sold a 3.8 MK2 Jaguar in pristine condition that year to a German customer for £1200 and 2 yrs later I could have got £35000 for the same car.

Stuart.

Point is Bill in those days that was about what it was worth. I sold a 3.8 MK2 Jaguar in pristine condition that year to a German customer for £1200 and 2 yrs later I could have got £35000 for the same car.

Stuart.

Yes I know, but the 1st on my wish list was a 5 - luve the shape etc,. Then after a month I bought my current 6 for £750 -

which turned out to be more of a basket case than this one. It's not the money so much, just the missed opportunity.. oh

well. cie la vie..

Bill

Im 99% sure that this car was bought by a guy who was working out in the middle east and had it rebuilt by Chris Carter (ex Chestnut House Sportscars and famed TR5 racer) - last I saw it it had a new bodyshell (a genuine TR5 one which i sold Chris about 10 years ago) and was red, surrey top etc.

First time I saw it it was valencia, and crumpled up in a box trailer ......

Regards

Tony

Bill

Im 99% sure that this car was bought by a guy who was working out in the middle east and had it rebuilt by Chris Carter (ex Chestnut House Sportscars and famed TR5 racer) - last I saw it it had a new bodyshell (a genuine TR5 one which i sold Chris about 10 years ago) and was red, surrey top etc.

First time I saw it it was valencia, and crumpled up in a box trailer ......

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony - Thanks for that, I thought someone might remember this one especially with the unsual reg No. Maybe its now out in the desert somewhere. Who knows..

Best/Bill