Radio for TR4

Looks good.

Think I will go in this direction as well - cost versus local suppliers.

Which model did you get? AM/FM or just AM?

Mal

AM/FM "Blaupunkt Frankfurt Universal type 1" with MP3 cable. The chrome faceplate really seems to go well with the TR4 dash & the switches/knobs operate as brand new, very positive action. As you can probably tell I was impressed when it arrived! :lol:

Hope you are as pleased with whichever model you go for.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
AM/FM "Blaupunkt Frankfurt Universal type 1" with MP3 cable. The chrome faceplate really seems to go well with the TR4 dash & the switches/knobs operate as brand new, very positive action. As you can probably tell I was impressed when it arrived! :lol:

Hope you are as pleased with whichever model you go for.

Sean

Finally ordered the one from Germany.... and just after that the vinatge wireless quote arrived.

The following link is to the type that I ordered ( as Sean's ). €237 shipped, AM/FM Mono, Ipod connector, 2 year guarantee. Ordered and shipped same day.

Looking at the quote from Vintage Wireless, it seems very good, especially if you want the exact period radio, upgraded. I guess this one is from 5 to 10 years after the car was made. I'll put up with that as the main entertainment comes from the exhaust note, and the wind whistling around the ears.

Thanks for all the help and commenst out there. Seems like a popular topic.

Mal

:lol:

Finally ordered the one from Germany.... and just after that the vinatge wireless quote arrived.

The following link is to the type that I ordered ( as Sean's ). €237 shipped, AM/FM Mono, Ipod connector, 2 year guarantee. Ordered and shipped same day.

Looking at the quote from Vintage Wireless, it seems very good, especially if you want the exact period radio, upgraded. I guess this one is from 5 to 10 years after the car was made. I'll put up with that as the main entertainment comes from the exhaust note, and the wind whistling around the ears.

Thanks for all the help and commenst out there. Seems like a popular topic.

Mal

:lol:

and here is the link....

: http://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.de/_plen...04-24-53-0-0-0/

Should also have said this is negative earth, but they do both positive and negative.

it's arrived now and looks brand new. impressed so far....

Now to fit it, when the car is ready

Edited by 4Mal
  • 1 month later...

Just had my MOTOROLA 818T repaired by Roger Beasley and cannot praise the man highly enough!! He did a great job for a reasonable price. Went to his place to pick the radio up and his enthusiasm for all things Radio was fantastic.

I only wish there were more like him about - a true Gent and Highly Recommended !