gearbox conversion

Hi,can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit a dolly sprint overdrive box or alternatively just use the overdrive in a TR2/3? ( did they use A, J or both on dolly sprints) I know it's been done on a tr6. thanks.

Hi,can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit a dolly sprint overdrive box or alternatively just use the overdrive in a TR2/3? ( did they use A, J or both on dolly sprints) I know it's been done on a tr6. thanks.

Hi Ken

Not sure about the Dolly bit, but I do know that if you intend to convert a non o/d box you need the correct main shaft as it is very different (shorter). These are harder to get hold of than the o/d itself in my experience. Also, pre and post TS26824/5 shafts are different I think due to bearing changes. Mike Papworth is the man to ask.

Simon

The shaft that goes into the flywheel is much longer on the Sprint, so you have to change it to a TR one. That may involve changing gears within the box depending on the angle of the teeth..etc,etc. There is no easy answer. The later boxes are longer than the 3 synchro boxes, I believe.