stering rack to u/j

Guest tobyholland

Guest tobyholland

just goint to put my rack back,,can any one tell me the u/j from rack to bottom of column only moves at one point does this go to the rack or to the column,, and should the gaiters have jubilee type clips at all four points ,mine is re/con but only has three is this for a reason or just been forgoten ,in the manual it shows a u shape piece of twisted wire

thanks

toby

The UJ should be at the rack end. The wire retainer goes on the inside of the right hand bellows (if you have a R/Hand drive car)It is used normally as the rack housing isnt wide enough at that point for a jubilee clip on original type housings.

Stuart.

"quote!!"

"just goint to put my rack back,,can any one tell me the u/j from rack to bottom of column only moves at one point"

Shouldnt the UJ move/pivot at both points!!!,mine does!! or is one just stiff or is it seized??

Edited by PILKIE