Rally of the Tests

Hi all

The 7th Rally of the Tests is running between 1st - 4th November 2007

"The Goodwood of Historic Rallying"

Classic and Sportscar.

Download the route map at http://www.classicrally.org.uk/gmap/cramaps.php?mp=rt2007

Good TR entry in Class 6, with 5 TR4's and 3 TR3a's and Class 1 is headed up by car 16 Richard and Jon Sandilands(GB) in the very rapid 1957 Standard 10

Class 6 - Sports 1601cc to 2200cc

10 Tom Callanan(IRL) / Alan Dorman(GB) 1962 - Triumph TR4 2138

18 Tony Sheach(GB) / Rob Kiff(GB) 1962 - Triumph TR4 2188

19 David MacKay(GB) / Tony Davies(GB) 1958 - Triumph TR3A 2138

22 Nigel Redwood(GB) / David Redwood(GB) 1958 - Triumph TR3A 2188

33 Jonathan Hancox(GB) / Richard Lambley(GB) 1962 - Triumph TR4 2188

42 Andrew Castell(GB) / Tanya Castell(GB) 1963 - Triumph TR4 2138

59 Michael Harrison(GB) / Lorna Harrison(GB) 1959 - Triumph TR3A 2188

65 David Morgan(GBM) / Bill Granger(GB) 1962 - Triumph TR4 2138

74 James Warner(GB) / Richard Porter(GB) 1958 - Triumph TR3A 2138

I hope we'll have at least one TR Register team entry, Jon and Richard are running 7VC, Rob abd I are running BST82B this year and I suspect that Tom is running his blue TR4 also .... so thats one already.

The blurb says

"Coast to coast from Scarborough to Blackpool the 7th Rally of the Tests remains true to RAC fifties heritage with three concentrated days packed with over thirty tests, ten regularities and a couple of evening sections.

For 2007 our north country route has two overnights at the North Lakes Penrith hotel providing maximum advantage from the excellent rallying area around Penrith. On day two we breach Hadrian’s Wall to enjoy the delights of Scotland’s roads.

Fred Bent and his route planning team are busy trying to pack in more venues than it's possible to accommodate so we are confident the final route will live up to the Rally of the Tests reputation. Also promised are a few innovations to ensure that the Tests continues to appeal to both driver and the navigator.

The 7th Rally of the Tests is a round of the FIA Historic Regularity Rally Championship. This is the first time that a round has been held in the UK."

So .... it looks like a great rally again .......Hope to see you all at somepoint along the route. Carry wd40, electrical things and Dunlop SP82 tyres if you have any to spare ! last year we needed lots.

Regards

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

7VC is loaded up and ready to go - heading to Scarborough at 4 today. Has a shiny new oil breather catch tank fitted, so the scrutineers should be happier - dropped a load on the scrutineering bay floor on the last event...oops! I'm running on Colway "Rocking Horse Doo-Doo" Road Plus tyres - new at the front, one one-day event on the back - and hoping they will last the distance. Usual complement of spares on board including inner tubes, damper links, propshaft UJ's, cap & leads, relays, hoses, bearings, bulbs, emergency tyre in a can, fanbelt, 2 jacks, tools, precision adjusting tool (club hammer), 4L oil, 8 bottles of Octane Plus, first aid kit, triangle, towrope, collapsible bucket (what?), coke, mars bars, red bull, kitchen sink, cuddly toy... It's amazing what you can pack into a TR (and particularly, around the sides of a TR Enterprises tank!), and there is still space for our DJ's!

85 cars entered, and most of these are experienced crews. Positions are announced at the end of each day, and then the crews go out in reverse order the next day, i.e. best car last! Penalty points for any member of the crew not wearing a hat on entering a main control, and further penalty points if the driver is not wearing a hat on any of the driving tests.

Good luck to all the TR crews entered!!

Jonathan

Edited by 7VC

Tony/Jonathan/anyone!

Sadly I missed the thread earlier and just seen it... :(

If not too late for you to respond, where is the event starting from - you must be passing within a few miles from my house!!! I would very much like to see the cars etc...

The link to the route map doesn't show start times !!! Is there a stop at Sledmere - if so, what time please?

Best regards and good luck!

Ian

Edited by ianhoward

Bit too premature!!! Found details on the CRA website (though still no mention of time at Sledmere)! Where is the Thursday overnight stop?

Cheers anyway!

Edited by ianhoward

Hi Ian

Not sure on stops yet, but check the CRA website for info. They do list stops and test venues where the public can watch safely.

Im now running 3VC (for the third year in a row) with some very minimal preparation - BST82B's overdrive went bang (and how ...... but more later...) and wont be ready for a few weeks. So big insurance policy time again and driving on eggshells as last year .....

Aiming to drive straight into scrutineering tomorrow at 12 from the drive up as time is tight, so see you all there.

Regards

Tony

Good luck!!!

ROTT is one of the best rallies going - really enjoyed our outing a few years back. Nearly made it this year but a new future-TR-Owner is (very) iminent! (plus, Andy's car has a few "Issues" at present - no interior being one of them... :blink: )

Have fun,

Adey