Roller rockers

On ebay USA

Triumph TR6 GT6 TR-250 Roller Rocker Set Free S&H TR-6

Item no 250174050944

Has anyone tried these from the states? Looks to be a good price.

John TR6

they look ok. but i would want the higher ratio 1.65 ones if i were spending £££$$$. richard

Higher lift ratios may not suit all cams - if they have a high lift then a higher lift is of limited power gain.

Additionally high lift rates may, on a cam with a steep profile, increase cam wear and result in premature failure of the cam.

Higher lift ratios may not suit all cams - if they have a high lift then a higher lift is of limited power gain.

Additionally high lift rates may, on a cam with a steep profile, increase cam wear and result in premature failure of the cam.

yes i understand all that. but what gain would you get from these ££££ apart from quiter tappets.and very small increase in valve lift.arent they supposed to be a bolt on engine performance mod.without having to pull the cam out.

i would be a lot cheaper to buy the camshaft of your choice.richard

Dont think that they are as good as a full set including pedestals etc, as you wouldn't know what kind of fit on your shaft ( :unsure: ) etc,

I bought mine from the states (1.65:1) as a full kit for $700 incl import tax, and love the quietness and extra zip.

post-2442-1192554846_thumb.jpg

Dan

Hi Dan

What company did you buy them from?

Grommet

Dont think that they are as good as a full set including pedestals etc, as you wouldn't know what kind of fit on your shaft ( :unsure: ) etc,

I bought mine from the states (1.65:1) as a full kit for $700 incl import tax, and love the quietness and extra zip.

post-2442-1192554846_thumb.jpg

Dan

Oooo they familiar;)

Jon

Familiar OK, but are they any good?

Regards

Tim

Actually on a closer lok they are not what we have - ours are the full system with the shaft posts and spacer. They do look very good though at a low cost for converting existing shaft to roller rockers - I'd say go for it, and if slightly higher ratio then you are quids in with a tad more lift and power.

jelly