TR in the paint shop

Hi all

Well it is now in the paintshop,ive done a little videolink with my digi camera! I hope it works??

SOUND AINT GOOD ON 3 SO BEST MUTE!!

TR6 VID 1

TR6 VID 2

TR6 VID 3

Gonna get it right soon!!!

See lower post "BROWSE!!"

I will add more as it progresses!!

Dave

Edited by PILKIE
Hi all

Well it is now in the paintshop,ive done a little videolink with my digi camera! I hope it works??

TR6 in the shop.

I will add more as it progresses

Dave

That link didnt work for me, this one did:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m296/PILKIE/

BTW are they going to remove the fenders before they paint ?

Stan

Hi Stan.

I have now put the pics and clips in their own album,see later posting.

The fenders/wings are going to stay on the car,as there are no issues with inner wings or the joints,and the underwing area is excellent.

Its only done 13,000 dry miles since a full rebuild in '85'. All the panels are almost perfect, theres just a few very little dings over 20yrs to smooth out!! that aint bad!!

The doors,boot and bonnet are coming off to get into the shut area's.

Dave

Edited by PILKIE
Hi Stan.

The fenders/wings are going to stay on the car,as there are no issues with inner wings or the joints,and the underwing area is excellent.

Its only done 13,000 dry miles since a full rebuild in '85'. All the panels are almost perfect, theres just a few very little dings over 20yrs to smooth out!! that aint bad!!

The doors,boot and bonnet are coming off to get into the shut area's.

Dave

Ps Ive fixed the link I think!!!

Hmm. I would be concerned with the joints beteween the inner and outer panels cracking over time if they are painted over.. I wonder if anyone has experience with the wings painted on the car where cracking did not occur ?

Stan

Hi Stan,

It is for that exact reason I am not having the joints filled and painting over them!!

The existing soft,flexible jointing compound has been removed down to where the bolts go through,this gap will then be treated and painted,then left for a while to settle and get nice and hard,then a smear of joint filler to replicate the original black fill line will be added,thus no paint to flex and crack,as like so many are done!!

Gonna try another type of link for the video clips,as it changes everytime I add another one!!

Try this!!

Feel free to have a browse through my album!! :)

BROWSE MY ALBUM

New video and pics added daily!!

Enjoy,, All comments and questions welcome!! :)

Dave

Edited by PILKIE