wiring loom

Hi guys,could someone tell me where the battery positive cable goes on the solenoid ,also there is a brown wire and a red/white wire coming from the loom, does the battery positive wire go on the same peg as them on the solenoid,and the wire to the starter go on the other peg on the solenoid . also there is three wires for the hooter relay does any one know what colour goes to which number on the relay twin black,twin mauve/ yellow and single mauve ,thanks in advance,nick.

Edited by had17462

Nick,

As you are seeking the wiring sequnce for a horn relay I assume you working on a TR4A.

The wiring diagram I have in a TR4A handbook shows the following :

C1 - Purple / Yellow

C2 - Purple

W1 - Purple / Black

I think the solenoid on a TR4A should be a cylindrical three terminal type with a push button on the end.

The main single post takes the starter cable.

The other main post takes the battery cable, plus it should have a Lucar tab for the Brown cable from the Ammeter.

Finally a further separate single Lucar tab takes the White / Red cable from the fuse box.

Regards, Richard ;)

Hi guys,could someone tell me where the battery positive cable goes on the solenoid ,also there is a brown wire and a red/white wire coming from the loom, does the battery positive wire go on the same peg as them on the solenoid,and the wire to the starter go on the other peg on the solenoid . also there is three wires for the hooter relay does any one know what colour goes to which number on the relay twin black,twin mauve/ yellow and single mauve ,thanks in advance,nick.

Thanks richard, yes your right its a tr4a iam doing ,its been a long slog to be honest but the end is in sight, steering column in today,still got to get interior, having trouble with a match in dark blue ,had some samples but the difference between carpet door and seat material is vast,might have to have black,thanks again for all your help regards nick.