Square Frame?

I spent the past weekend measuring my frame prior to it going to repair and blasting. I used the manual and set the 8 points required for alignment. I'm not computer savy enough to show the drawing with my results.

AD = 49 inches

BC = 49 5/16

5/16 out of square

CF = 49 3/4

DE = 49 7/8

1/8 out of square

EH = 53 3/16

FG = 53 3/16

Square

Looking at these measurements I believe the right front is pushed to the left, which is evident by the lower fulcrum damage on the right side. Based on these measurements, is this considered a severe out of square condition needing repair or is it an acceptable level? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Gordon

I spent the past weekend measuring my frame prior to it going to repair and blasting. I used the manual and set the 8 points required for alignment. I'm not computer savy enough to show the drawing with my results.

AD = 49 inches

BC = 49 5/16

5/16 out of square

CF = 49 3/4

DE = 49 7/8

1/8 out of square

EH = 53 3/16

FG = 53 3/16

Square

Looking at these measurements I believe the right front is pushed to the left, which is evident by the lower fulcrum damage on the right side. Based on these measurements, is this considered a severe out of square condition needing repair or is it an acceptable level? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Gordon

Best give Colin Mathews at CTM a ring 01489782054 He will advise you on the best course of action.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon

Did you get to talk to Colin Matthews as mentioned to determine what if there is anything you need to do to your chassis. Mine is very similar in terms of the differences between AD-BC. have you made any changes or is that difference so small it is unnecessary. cheers

My frame has become quite an adventure. After getting it blasted and inspected, the cost of refurbishing the frame to an acceptable level was too high. It was closing in on the cost of a new frame available from a company here in the U.S.

The car had taken an extremely hard hit to the right front corner. The lower trunnion pin was bent, the tower twisted and the frame was bowed down in the middle along the right side.

I was fortunate enough to locate a very good used replacement.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, pleased to hear you are on the way again. cheers