Alternator wiring

Hello gents,

(still) fitting a Tr5 wiring loom to my TR250 (RHD).....as well as multiple other jobs at the same time........ Alternator has 5 terminals, the large ones to accept the brown/white (+) and black cables (ground)OK....Do I need to fit a link to the next two smaller terminals? (one of which takes the Brown/yellow wire)..... this leaves a Brown/green wire with a small tag that goes to the F terminal of the 4TR regulator..... does this go on the last remaining terminal (too small to fit)?..........AND does this alternator have an internal Regulator, and thereby not need the 4TR anyway....??!!

THANKS

John

Hello gents,

(still) fitting a Tr5 wiring loom to my TR250 (RHD).....as well as multiple other jobs at the same time........ Alternator has 5 terminals, the large ones to accept the brown/white (+) and black cables (ground)OK....Do I need to fit a link to the next two smaller terminals? (one of which takes the Brown/yellow wire)..... this leaves a Brown/green wire with a small tag that goes to the F terminal of the 4TR regulator..... does this go on the last remaining terminal (too small to fit)?..........AND does this alternator have an internal Regulator, and thereby not need the 4TR anyway....??!!

THANKS

John

Hi John

If you want me to photo my wiring in this area for you and a detailed description then I will be pleased to do so.

Please contact me on cp25616@aol.com

Alan

X755

Hi John

If you want me to photo my wiring in this area for you and a detailed description then I will be pleased to do so.

Please contact me on cp25616@aol.com

Alan

X755

Thanks Alan...that would be most useful....I have emailed you.

Can anyone confirm that the 5 terminal alternator has an internal regulator (no 4TR)?

John

Thanks Alan...that would be most useful....I have emailed you.

Can anyone confirm that the 5 terminal alternator has an internal regulator (no 4TR)?

John

Sorry John but no message as yet-would you care to try again please?

KIndest

Alan

hello i used the wiring conversion as instructed by and in the moss catalouge when i fitted a sherpa alternator to my five .

and disregarded the external reg/rectifier on the internal wing.

mine seams to work fine but two things bothered me

i still have my amp meter in the dash and it shows a minus if the lights are on and if memory serves me correct

the moss instruction says to tape back one of the wires no longer required and conect the two brown/black together that used to go to the box on the wing.in my case the colours did not match so i did not do that part and my system seams fine.

i have to go now but can look at the inst again and hopefully tell you more

question do i need a volt meter in place of my amp meter?

hello i used the wiring conversion as instructed by and in the moss catalouge when i fitted a sherpa alternator to my five .

and disregarded the external reg/rectifier on the internal wing.

mine seams to work fine but two things bothered me

i still have my amp meter in the dash and it shows a minus if the lights are on and if memory serves me correct

the moss instruction says to tape back one of the wires no longer required and conect the two brown/black together that used to go to the box on the wing.in my case the colours did not match so i did not do that part and my system seams fine.

i have to go now but can look at the inst again and hopefully tell you more

question do i need a volt meter in place of my amp meter?

Thanks, but the Moss instructions that I have, are how to convert the wiring when fitting a three terminal alternator... I have the early 5 terminal unit....does anyone have a 5 terminal alternator and 4TR regulator setup?

John