Wind Deflector - Advice please

I have a wind deflector fitted to my TR4, identical to the ones provided by TRBitz and although it works properly, the gentleman who recently MOTd my car was concerned that it fouls the seat belts.

Has anyone had a similar "problem" and if so, how can I get round this?

I am guessing I will probably have to fabricate some new brackets.

Any help gratefully received

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David, do you have a photo of the seatbelt foul condition? With the Breeze~Breaker windbreak screens which I make for all the TR model range the seatbelt usually routes over the top of the mounting bracket which does not affect it's action.

However I have seen various locations for the inertia reels and nothing would surprise me on TR's. Have a look on my website and see if any of the configurations could help, I could always supply some brackets on their own.

Best Regards Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your help. I will take a couple of pics and send them to you. not sure how to post them on here. Do you have an email address unless you can advise me how to put pictures on here?

By the way, I bought the deflector from TRBitz and was twice the price of yours!!!!!!

Thanks,

David

Hi Chris, thanks for your help. I will take a couple of pics and send them to you. not sure how to post them on here. Do you have an email address unless you can advise me how to put pictures on here?

By the way, I bought the deflector from TRBitz and was twice the price of yours!!!!!!

Thanks,

David

Hi David first make sure your photos are not more than abot 100k-200k then pres browse on bottm right of forum and sfind and select your photo, the press upload.

If you struggle I have an email link on my website.

chris

Hi David first make sure your photos are not more than abot 100k-200k then pres browse on bottm right of forum and sfind and select your photo, the press upload.

If you struggle I have an email link on my website.

chris

Hi David, I see the problem, firstly can the screen be moved forward nearer to the seats, if so then just drill 2 more hoes in the side brackets say 1 inch further back where they bolt to the hood frame bracket.

Alternatively put a twist in the Z bracket to raise it up and clear the seatbelt, or maybe do both.

Chris