Hi

just got back from Malvern, and talking to the lads i was to recover my G reg early TR6 frames with the foam etc and produce a TR5 seat

someone mentioned no, the frames are different, in this world of originality etc, do i need TR5 seats or just cover the frames and the car loks right

what is the difference in the frame ?

many years ago my 5 was my only car till i got married and i inherited my wifes Fiesta, we just ran the things then, now at Malvern anything with TR5 is a forture, which is quite frightening now faced with a rebuild after 14 years in the garage, i now find i dont have the correct seats, they were fitted to a 6 i built many years ago along with the eye bolt seat belts. i joked with one trader that the dirt on the trailing arm was TR5 dirt, could this be put in a jar

i managed to get some Rostyle wheel trims i lost mine in bushes motorway fly overs etc, some said a boxed set are worth £1000

i thought the wife and kids were expensive

anyway back to the seats, anyone know the answer

regards

david

Hi David,

Pair of TR5 seats on ebay at the moment Item No 140138768370

Hope this helps

Cheers

David,

I don't know the answer about the frames.

Originality is another matter and potentially a big can of worms that I don't want to open save to say that I feel that 'important' cars should be as original as practically possible from an ease of finding the parts point, and a usage point. With most other cars such as yours and mine and the majority of cars, originality is down to the owner to decide what to do.

One thing is certain in that others will always have a view as to your decisions. Some will agree and others will disagree.

Frankly, who cares. It is your car, your decision and no-one else's business.

Back to the seats. If you want TR5 seats, have a look at those on the link I put into my post on the Buy, sell, trade section.

Ian has also pointed you in the direction of these seats.

Regards

David

Edited by david ferry