I am at the moment rebuilding my TR3A and a couple of my tomes have been in TRaction, the forum has been very helpful, and I have been looking for another project to keep me occupied

after I have completed my rebuild of the TR. I was looking for a TR250, and whilst searching the net I found a 1974 Lotus Europa, yep I know most of the jokes! I bought it.

I have no experience of painting or preparing fibreglass bodies and turn naturally to those who have the knowledge.

Can you recommend any books which will help me please, I want to do the job myself.

regards

Peter Fenlon

Edited by pfenlon
Well not a book title for car perparation perhaps, but there's a lot of information on fibreglast.com, then click on 'learning centre'.

And there's a lot to learn form the boat building people. What's good for blue ocean sailing, must be good for cars.

Menno

(btw: great articles in the TR Magazine!)

Hello Menno,

Thanks for the help with the fibreglass, and also for the compliment, ( thats the first one I have ever had! )

regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

i have "played" with fibre glass now for over 30 years (yes i first started whilst in nappies! :P ) and I'm still learning!

if you want to try our forum for advice from the great unwashed that is the Peerless & Warwick owners you are most welcome. www.peerless-gt.co.uk

If you can find a good trade supplier that deals with the automotive/industrial sector you may find them cheaper as I find when you mention boats the price seems to go up!

basic advice:

keep all tools clean

keep working area well ventilated & clean

humidity low

higher the temp quicker the curring time so you must adjust the catalist acordinglly.

enjoy!

there must be more people out there that work on lotus cars than Perless cars, especially machanics in the case of Lotus.....sorry. :blink:

regards

nigel

Hi Peter,

i have "played" with fibre glass now for over 30 years (yes i first started whilst in nappies! :P ) and I'm still learning!

if you want to try our forum for advice from the great unwashed that is the Peerless & Warwick owners you are most welcome. www.peerless-gt.co.uk

If you can find a good trade supplier that deals with the automotive/industrial sector you may find them cheaper as I find when you mention boats the price seems to go up!

basic advice:

keep all tools clean

keep working area well ventilated & clean

humidity low

higher the temp quicker the curring time so you must adjust the catalist acordinglly.

enjoy!

there must be more people out there that work on lotus cars than Perless cars, especially machanics in the case of Lotus.....sorry. :blink:

regards

nigel

Thanks Nigel I will look at the site,not into the Lotus "scene" at all, prefer to seek advice from within the register ,regards Peter.

• 2 weeks later...