Vacuum pipe and seeping petrol

Good morning all

Is it usual to have a small amount of petrol dribble out of the vacuum pipe connector on the carburettor end - Strombergs fitted? The rubber connectors have perished on mine and when I took them off there was petrol seeping out. Not a great deal but enough for me to start becoming paranoid. :unsure:

Although the car appears to be running ok I was wondering whether the mixture was wrong so checked the plugs. 3 look ok but one from no 3, is slightly more brown / orange than the others. They are NGK.

Should I be concerned or not?

Steve

PS Nice to see TS2 on the Glavon stand at Stroud yesterday.

Edited by scv

If your plugs are as good as you say I should stop worrying. My plugs are always running black and the banjo unscrews itself. I would be very happy to have brown plugs and a small discharge around the vacuum might just be at idle in the garage. How is the consumption overall.

Nice dog

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply.

Consumption is around 23 mpg so that's ok. I spoke to Neil at Revington today and he wasn't sure why the petrol would seep from there but suggested the float may be a little high so will check that out.

He also said not to worry, so I won't.!!

Meg said Hello.

Thanks again

Steve