Hi all, Well, I have just got my TR3a back on the road after a few weeks with the engine out. New pistons, wet liners, crank polished and balanced etc. I have already done nearly 600 miles and loving every mile!

As some of you may know, I am also lucky enough to own an E Type. You know what? The TR3a is more fun any day of the week.

That's not to say that the Jag is poor - far from it, it's brilliant. But when it comes to having a blast around the countryside, taking Murphy out for a walk in the woods or the moors, then the TR wins hands down - it's fantastic.

Preaching to the converted here. But hey, I'm as chuffed as a chocolate frog.

Cheers,

Webby

mikejandmurphey.jpg

mikejandmurphey.jpg

It's good to see you escape from the keyboard and ministering to the forum's needs for a change. Nice picture, which satisfies Alec's requirements with the inclusion of beer glass. Do you have a beer glass holder fitted?

Hi Alec,

of course you are absolutely correct. The Jag for longer journeys and the TR for everything else.

This picture demonstrates my idyll. I turned up at my favourite pub in my favourite village; the publican ran out and thrust a pint of great Yorkshire beer into my hand. (Timothy Taylors of Black Sheep, I can’t remember which… or was it Copper Dragon?) Anyway, as you can see, I have my beautiful wife with me, my Welsh Springer, Murphy, and the TR – perfect.

My daughters say this picture sums me up completely…. I think that they’re right!

So were is Murphy,s pint then! My Springer Albert is very fond of a pint of Guiness and It calms him down a treat when riding in an open car.

Stuart.