seat belts (MX5)

Hi to all my helpful friends

Well I got the MX5 seats (removable head rest type) the fitting kit and got the fitting information from TR Technicalities my question gentlemen, on the inside of the seat there is a bracket that looks as if it connected the seat belt connector I have securon seat belts with the long stalk is there any way of modding them so you can pick up this anchor point or is there some other way

thank you pinky

Pinky,

Does the seat still tip forwards, like the original TR6 seat?

Does the new seat use the same set of runners as the TR6 seat?

If it does, please use the original seat belt mounts as attaching the belt to the seat may render it useless in the event of a collision which is of course when you want it to work.

David

@ Pinky:

When I was looking at MX5 seats I noticed that the later type (from the later mk 2 I think) does have a seat belt anchor built into the runner. I found that this fouled on the transmission tunnel as it projects a little more than the earlier MX5 runner.

I didn't want to trust the seatbelt fixed in this way and kept the original TR stalk anchor (I used a set of mk1 runners instead of the mk 2, they are interchangable).

@David:

For interest, no the seats do not tip and no, the TR runners are discarded. I agree with using the TR mounting.

Ross

@ Pinky:

When I was looking at MX5 seats I noticed that the later type (from the later mk 2 I think) does have a seat belt anchor built into the runner. I found that this fouled on the transmission tunnel as it projects a little more than the earlier MX5 runner.

I didn't want to trust the seatbelt fixed in this way and kept the original TR stalk anchor (I used a set of mk1 runners instead of the mk 2, they are interchangable).

@David:

For interest, no the seats do not tip and no, the TR runners are discarded. I agree with using the TR mounting.

Ross

I continued with the original TR seat belt mounts, however I did use the Mk2 runners and didn't experience any problems doing that, although there is a little tab that sticks out which I hammered flat, once I'd removed the MX5 seat belt stalks.

Colin